Strategic Analysis, Inc. – Alexandria, VA
At Strategic Analysis, Inc., we recognize that success is a direct result of a happy, talented and results-driven team. We believe in creating an environment that gives everyone the opportunity to grow professionally and foster a career path that builds on strengths and talents through training, education, and leadership. SA is looking for highly motivated, talented individuals to join our team. If you are looking for a career opportunity, and have the required background and experience for any of our current opening, apply today. We look forward to speaking with you. If you are a new applicant, please search and select from Current Openings to apply. If you are a returning applicant, please Log in and apply to additional positions! SA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. SA participates in E-Verify.
Strategic Analysis, Inc. seeks an energetic, highly organized, and motivated team player to provide strategic policy guidance and support to the Defense Laboratories and Personnel Office within the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Research and Engineering (OUSD(R&E)). This position requires attention to detail and strong written and verbal communication skills; the ability to multi-task and adapt to shifting priorities; and a creative mindset.
- Develop technical material required for position papers, reports, briefings,testimony, and Congressional inquiries, on the Defense Laboratory Enterprise, Federally Funded Research Centers, University Affiliated Research Centers and STEM Education and Outreach portfolios and Defense Science and Technology.
- Conduct independent research and analysis on existing and proposed federal and departmental policy issuances and develop recommendations based on findings.
- Draft Department of Defense (DoD) Directives and Instructions, DoD delegation of authorities, DoD Federal Rules and Notifications in the Code of Federal Regulations, System of Records Notification for DoD programs and rules and regulations pertaining to Records Management.
- Research, understand and explain the legislative process and the functions of the legislative process and perform legal research.
- Bachelor degree from an accredited college or university. A degree in policy or other related field is preferred. Master s degree is also preferred.
- Degree requirement waived in lieu of significant recent and relevant work experience: minimum of five (5) years active duty military or minimum of ten (10) years experience.
- Five (5) years recent and relevant experience.
- Active Secret Clearance.
- Demonstrated progressive responsibility in policy positions supporting the DoD science and technology enterprise.
- Ability to work independently with both junior and senior staff in a distributed environment, while maintaining a strong commitment to deliverable schedule.
- Ability to work with a large team.
- Demonstrated success in the conception and execution of new projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products to include Excel, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Word.
- Medical & Prescription Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account Program
- Health Savings Account
- Long & Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Gold s Gym Corporate Membership
- Sick Leave
- Annual Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement