Location Baltimore, MD
Entity R Home Property Management, LLC
Job Summary Under the supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor, the Porter is responsible for the daily service and cleanliness of the interior and exterior of the property, ensuring a safe and attractive living environment for residents, attractive curb appeal for prospective residents, exceptional quality and service, and sustained resident satisfaction. The ideal candidate will have previous residential/commercial cleaning experience and be able to demonstrate proficiency in the use of hand and power tools. The ideal candidate must be service-oriented, friendly, outgoing, energetic, and be willing to tackle any task at hand. Job Responsibilities
- Consistently and genuinely demonstrate the HEROES principles of being Helpful, Engaged, Responsive, Outstanding, Excellent and Successful in all activities and interactions.
- Ensures that all areas are kept safe, tidy and free of trash, debris and animal waste, including the cleanliness of the dumpster areas, as well as the necessary preparation of dumpsters for trash pick-up.
- Contributes to marketing efforts and resident satisfaction by providing excellent customer service; communicates effectively, appropriately, and courteously with residents, associates, management and guests to ensure that all areas of concern are addressed promptly and professionally.
- Continuously monitors all areas of the community and grounds to ensure they are properly and safely maintained; advises management of any areas needing attention.
- Maintains landscaping including watering of the flowers; perform snow removal as needed.
- Participates in apartment turnovers as directed.
- Responds timely, appropriately and courteously to emergencies.
- Complies with R Homes policies and procedures and external regulatory requirements; ensures solid understanding of R Homes operational and human resources policies and procedures.
- Participates in and attends all required in-service training sessions.
- Supports other communities as assigned by management.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment demonstrating strong organizational and follow up skills along with an ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact, in English, with a diverse group of associates, residents and external agencies.
- Ability to read, in English, at a level sufficient to understand policies and procedures, safety notices, general business correspondence and/or documentation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Positive attitude, enthusiasm and energy. Strong customer service orientation to older adults.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency in the use of hand and power tools.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear. An individual in this position will be required to push, lift or carry weight up to 50 pounds. The associate will occasionally be required to transport appliances, furniture, or other large objects using the appropriate safety equipment, while ensuring the safety and security of the property, residents and staff. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. For safety purposes, work shoes/boots (non-tennis shoes) are a requirement. Must also have the ability to access all areas of the community without the assistance of an elevator.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate must be available to work for temporary or extended periods at other locations. The associate regularly works near moving mechanical parts. The associate occasionally works in high, precarious places and is frequently exposed to heat and risk of electrical shock, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and vibration. Proper Personal Protective Equipment will be provided and is required to be used. Noise level in work environment is moderate. The associate occasionally works in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to wet, hot, humid, and/or extreme cold conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate must be available to travel off-site.