Ropes & Gray LLP is a preeminent global law firm focused on providing the highest-quality advice on our clients critical legal and business issues. Our global team of 2,500 talented professionals regularly helps clients meet high-stakes challenges, solve complex problems and achieve key goals. These colleagues work together across a global office network that includes offices in Boston, Chicago, Hong Kong, London, New York, San Francisco, Seoul, Shanghai, Silicon Valley, Tokyo and Washington, D.C.
We are a contemporary firm that can bring more than 150 years of legal and institutional history to bear on the challenges clients face in todays 24/7 global business environment. Our collaborative approach gives our clientswhich include many of the worlds most respected companies and institutionsready access to leading corporate, litigation, transactional and regulatory lawyers whose knowledge and experience span industries and geographies.
With an international presence, we focus on a number of key industries, including private equity; asset management; life sciences and health care; investment banking; technology, media and telecommunications; and consumer and retail. Our clients include global industry leaders, financial institutions, investment firms, private equity firms, hospitals and health care organizations, educational institutions, and individuals.
We have consistently been recognized for our leading practices in many areas, including private equity, M&A, finance, asset management, real estate, tax, antitrust, life sciences, health care, intellectual property, litigation & enforcement, privacy & cybersecurity, and business restructuring.
Ropes & Gray is an equal opportunity employer.
What Is Practice Development at Ropes & Gray? Practice Development plays an essential role in Ropes & Grays business strategy. Our Practice Development professionals, working in teams, are embedded within each of the firms practice groups and offices around the world. Each team stands in a unique position, working closely with the partners in the relevant practice group or office to design and implement a variety of business initiatives to help the practice group or office achieve its strategic priorities. Each Practice Development team also manages the core business functions of each practice group or office, including in the areas of strategic planning, marketing, business development, lateral partner integration and knowledge management. Our Practice Development professionals serve as trusted advisers for the partners in the practice group or office and as liaisons on behalf of their practice group or office with many other staff departments at the firm.
Why Become a Practice Development Assistant at Ropes & Gray? Because our Practice Development teams are uniquely embedded within their practice group or office (described above), the Practice Development Assistant (PDA) position offers excellent professional development opportunities to motivated individuals with a client service mindset who are eager to learn the fundamentals of marketing, business development and project management in a fast-paced yet collaborative, team-oriented environment. Our PDAs gain a broad and well-rounded set of business skills, attorney-facing responsibility and subject matter expertise in the practice area(s) they support.
Assist Practice Development Manager(s) ( PDM ) and Practice Development Specialist(s) ( PDS ) in all aspects of managing Practice Group(s) through the provision of marketing, business development, knowledge management, lateral attorney integration, training and logistical support. Primarily support the Litigation & Enforcement practice group, assisting the PDM, PDS, Practice Group Leaders and other attorneys and professional staff in implementing Practice Group strategic and business plans within the context of the Firms overall strategy. Provide additional support as needed to other PDMs, PDSs, Directors or the Chief of Practice Development. Act as a liaison to administrative functions regarding Practice Group support needs. Contribute to the overall success of practice group performance.
1. Assist PDM and PDS with practice group business development initiatives, including client presentations, responses to RFPs, and pitches. Maintain system to track all practice group-specific business development initiatives.
2. Collect updates regarding active practice group matters and manage input of this data into various experience tracking databases. Help develop and monitor system to ensure that case and matter information is accurate and organized.
3. Assist with practice group marketing initiatives, including pitches, client presentations, and maintaining practice-specific mailing lists.
4. Assist with scheduling and coordination of group lunches and partner meetings as well as internal group social events.
5. Maintain updates to all appropriate practice group infoNet and other internal knowledge management pages (including posting of news, articles, case law, training materials or other relevant information).
6. Assist PDM and PDS with practice group client alerts, working with the communications department and other practice groups as needed. Coordinate necessary sign-offs and selection of marketing mailing lists.
7. Work with PDM and PDS on lateral partner on-boarding tasks including scheduling meetings, creating contact lists and schedules, coordinating with representatives from Operations, Finance, Communications, Professional Development, Legal Services and CICC, and organizing the delivery of practice group and firm materials.
8. Assist in the coordination of various legal ranking submissions.
9. Assist in the development of knowledge management tools to assist Practice Groups to meet their strategic goals and initiatives.
10. Assist PDM, PDS and other firm resources to coordinate and lead research and other aspects of developing business opportunities and furthering strategic plans.
11. Assist PDM and PDS with basic research and data collection for various projects.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
Attorney General, Office of the - New York, NY
NYU Langone Health - Brooklyn, NY
Hogan Lovells - New York, NY
North American Risk Services - New York, NY
Kennedys - New York, NY