Pre-K For All Assistant Teacher
Stillwell Ave Prep School – Bensonhurst, NY
CLASSIFICATION: FULL-TIME EMPLOYEE
SCHEDULE OF HOURS: 8AM TO 4PM
VACANCIES: ONGOING POSITIONS
The Stillwell Avenue Preparatory Schools, located in Bensonhurst, NY, are currently looking for qualified Teaching staff to fill the role of PreK For All Assistant Teacher.
The Teaching Staff is primarily responsible for the moment-by- moment care and education of the student, the implementation of the curriculum, the general evaluation of each childs progress, and for teacher/parent communication.
- Assist with facilitating the learning of pre-kindergarten students through center-driven play.
- Assist PreK For All Teacher with parent engagement activities such as parent-teacher conferences, orientation, end-of year transitions, etc.
- Attend regularly scheduled staff meetings, organizational functions, professional development workshops, etc.
- Relay student information to parents on a consistent basis or as needed.
- Assist with collecting student data, providing the PreK For All Teacher with relevant information to be used in the assessment of each student.
- Meet with PreK For All Teacher one hour daily to prep for the instructional facilitation of the students learning.
- Assist with the preparation of newsletters on a monthly basis to be sent home, affording parents the opportunity to be made aware of their childrens engagement in school.
- Elicit input from the teacher aide to complete progress reports, written observations, etc.
- ATAS Certified
- Minimum 1 year experience working in Early Childhood
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet
- Proficient oral & written communication in English
- CPR and First Aid Certification
- Certification in Child Abuse
- Certification in Infectious Disease
- DOI or DOE Fingerprinting
- Bilingual (Chinese and English) preferred but not required
Please forward all resumes, cover letters and recommendations to [email protected]