Now is the time to join one of the top equal opportunity non-profits of its size in Oregon. South Coast Business Employment Corporation is looking for a primary instructor to help teach students how to become a NA1 and CNA2.
This position teaches a wide range of health-related services to students in a classroom setting specifically CNA1 and CNA2. Tasks including teaching students how to gather patient data, how to obtain specimens, assist patient with activities of daily living, therapies of pain relief, and other general CNA1 and CNA2 tasks.
Principal Responsibilities (Essential Functions**):
- Must maintain all program curriculum in accordance with Oregon Secretary of State Board approved curriculum. As outlined by the program director.
- Follow the policies of the program as directed by the program director including those maintained under OAR 851-061-0110(1)(c)(G).
- Coordinate classroom and clinical sites and activities has directed by the program director.
- Supervise students during all scheduled clinical and classroom hours.
- Implement effective teaching strategies in an environment that encourages student as directed by the program director.
- Evaluate competency of students on curriculum.
- Ensure that each student s clinical experience includes administration of medications by all approved routes of administration and includes administration of a variety of medications.
- Supervise the clinical experience for all students.
- Teach approved curriculum to up to 10 students in a classroom setting
Minimum Qualifications & Skills:
- Must hold a current, unencumbered license to practice as a RN in Oregon.
- Must have at least two year of nursing experience, as a licensed nurse
- Must have at least one year of nursing experience in a licensed nursing facility
- Must complete the Train the Trainer course or have teaching experience or educational preparation for teaching adults.
- Holds a current certificate to practice as a CNA 1 on the CAN 2 Registry prior to starting
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Must have reliable transportation, auto insurance, and a current state driver s license
Demonstrated ability to:
- Communicate professionally and effectively
- Work with staff and partners to coordinate CNA1 and CNA2 classes
- Work collaboratively with diverse groups of individuals
- Be computer literacy and familiarity with Microsoft Office and programs.
%Effort or Wkly Hrs: Flexible
Reports to: Program Director
Employee directly supervised: 0
Job Location: 93781 Newport Lane, Coos Bay, OR 97420
Salary Range: $22.00 to $33.00 per hour
South Coast Business Employment Corporation (SCBEC) was incorporated in 1982 under IRS code 501(c)(3) private nonprofit and currently serves Coos, Curry, Douglas, Marion & Yamhill counties in Oregon. Our Vision: Thriving people living in vibrant communities.
- Equal Opportunity Employer