The Principal Architect, Domain plays a key role in shaping T-Mobile s technology strategy by applying expertise in strategic analysis, business architecture, and technology architecture. This role will seek to understand how people, processes, and technology interact to perform the fundamental activities of the business in both current and future states, and model these interactions to guide technology strategy in order to better achieve the strategic goals and objectives of the business. Work cross-functionally to understand the linkage between T-Mobile s business goals, business architectures, and technology architectures - and strive to further T-Mobile s business goals via organic or inorganic evolution of T-Mobile s architectures.
The Principal Architect will be in a cross-functional and cross-organizational role working on behalf of enterprise systems development. Domain architectural coverage is generally 4 or more concurrent projects impacting the portfolio. Projects may span many technology domains and/or business areas with a high degree of customization and complexity.
- Compile, deliver, and evangelize end-to-end technology roadmaps that guide the evolution of infrastructure, products, and services by applying depth and breadth of expertise in multiple related disciplines.
- Compile, develop and deliver platform architectures that support the Product & Technology goals for Service Availability, and Compliance with built-in Detective and Preventative Controls.
- Apply experience with wide range of technology platforms, application and capability areas including frond end web applications, REST APIs, middleware, databases and modern, scalable Cloud-native architectures.
- Mentor team members on best practices in area of expertise. Grasp and communicate big-picture enterprise-wide issues to team. Identify and suggest training opportunities for immediate workgroup to help promote bench strength.
- Review and interact with Senior management to adopt effective solutions for enterprise business requirements and help decision makers shape technology strategy.
- Maintain contemporary knowledge of market research, latest technologies, best practices and trends that influence enterprise solutions serving the immediate and dependent domains.
- Serve as a subject matter expert to guide technology strategy by convincing decision makers across multiple domains and working with Architects in each domain.
- Creating, maintaining, and leveraging business and technology organizational relationships.
- Work cross-functionally to understand, implement, and influence enterprise technology standards.
- Analyze and prepare recommendations to address existing and potential trouble areas in systems and procedures across the organization.
Enterprise Core Competencies
- Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Procure-to-Pay subject matter expertise, with deep knowledge of procurement and accounts payable business processes and systems.
- Solid knowledge of SAP centric system architecture with high degree of integration with other on premise and cloud solutions.
- Experience in wide range of consulting assignments covering business process transformation, strategy development and SAP implementation in the area of Procure-to-Pay, Strategic Sourcing, Supplier Collaboration, Supply Chain, Service Procurement and Contract Lifecycle Management.
- Experience with SAP Ariba, SAP Fieldglass, SAP Concur, OpenText VIM and SAP ECC.
- Deep expertise in architecting integration between cloud solutions and on-premise ERP.
- Minimum 7 years of progressive experience in software engineering/enterprise architecture/technology leadership across multiple products, systems and/or platforms coupled with strong business acumen and executive presence.
- Deep domain-related expertise and demonstrated experience integrating business solutions such as Ariba and Fieldglass with ERP systems including SAP ECC through multiple paths including middleware, web services and flat files.
- Demonstrated experience architecting and delivering microservices solutions using cloud platforms including AWS, Azure and Pivotal Cloud Foundry.
- Experience with modern application technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, and Serverless.
- Experience with modern development CI/CD workflows including tools GIT/BitBucket and Jenkins.
- Experience designing efficient, highly scalable, highly available, and fault tolerant systems and applications.
- Proven ability executing high-profile projects and providing thought leadership to an organization.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and communication skills (written / verbal) with varied audiences.
- Experience explaining difficult concepts to decision makers to help shape technology strategy.
- Experience modeling as-is and to-be architectures based on business requirements.
- Bachelor s Degree. Bachelor s degree in Business or Technical Discipline or equivalent experience
- Preferred: Master s Degree
- May require up to 20% of domestic overnight travel within the region, and occasional trips to other T-Mobile technology centers
As America s Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS ) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice. T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.