Azure is the fastest-growing business in Microsofts history and is the foundation of Microsofts commercial and government Cloud Services. Azure differentiates itself as the only hyper-scale, enterprise-grade Cloud that has a true hybrid story. Customers and analysts recognize Azures tremendous momentum which continues month over month. To help customers achieve their goals, Azure continues to build the largest global footprint of any Cloud provider with 54 regions live and announced, with more in the pipeline.
As we drive to be the leading cloud platform in the world, Azure Global is hiring an exceptional PM to support our International region expansion. This challenging role will require strategic focus in order to successfully establish and execute against our growth objectives. The opportunity will require thought leadership and effective engagement across multiple stakeholders in order to develop robust business cases justifying our region expansion activities. As an expansion lead you will engage with internal product teams, our Microsoft field, our Partner network and our end customers; you will be faced with complex engagements that encompass multiple dimensions including technical, financial, compliance, regulatory and legal concerns. Your ultimate objective will be to guide our expansion strategy in support of our customers as they in turn progress on their digital transformations.
This is a Redmond-based team but location can be flexible, and there possibility of significant international travel should be anticipated.
- Identify, evaluate and prioritize opportunities in support of our Azure Region expansion, including developing the business case (including strategic rationales and economics), structuring deal terms, developing a negotiation strategy and leading negotiations (customer facing and internal)
- Manage the deal process from identification through closing. Communicate with key stakeholders throughout the deal process to secure buy-in and approvals. Drive deals to closure while maintaining an objective sense of when to suspend an opportunity
- Monitor deal performance and track efficacy relative to expectations post close. Maintain ongoing relationship with partners to ensure compliance and commitments are fulfilled
- Partner with engineering, infrastructure, marketing, compliance and the field leadership to translate customer demand signals into release priorities, and ensure business growth is unencumbered by engineering, compliance or infrastructure.
- Engage directly with customers at multiple levels, supporting executive briefings and innovation partnerships
- Drive large strategic and complex projects, with executive visibility and many critical dependencies
- Develop a deep understanding of how lead customers use Azure platform and use of Compute, Storage, Database, and Networking services in Azure to architect their applications and enable their business transformation
- Drive decisive action in partnership with others in a large organization, and deliver results that depend on other divisions and external partners
- Remove customer barriers to cloud adoption around the world
- Be an expert in industry trends including competitive and market dynamics, product and technology trends, and start-ups.
- 10+ years of program, project or product management experience and (desired) deep industry experience working with one category or vertical
- BS or higher degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent industry experience
- Strong track record of delivering services and/or shipping products
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country