TrellisWare Technologies, Inc. is developing advanced communication systems for use in various military and commercial applications. TrellisWare is looking for a Principal Radio Systems Engineer with an educational background in communications and RF and strong experiential background in military tactical radios and/or public safety radios. This position will help lead TrellisWare s TSM and WREN mesh network waveform and radio products.
Job Function: The Principal Radio Systems Engineer is responsible for Requirements, System Design, Implementation Support, and Validation of TrellisWare s family of mesh network waveform and radio products. He/she will provide technical leadership on these projects and function as a subject matter expert on TrellisWare s TSM and WREN mesh network waveforms. This is a hands-on technical leadership position that will involve both leading small/medium size teams as well as individual contributorship. The Principal Radio Systems Engineer will be equally comfortable working in the conference room, the laboratory, and the field. Some travel will be required. The successful Principal Radio Systems Engineer will fulfill these responsibilities working collaboratively with Product Management, Program Management, and Sales along with engineering leads from Hardware, Software, Systems, and Product Test.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with business and customer representation to clearly identify product and program requirements and features. This may include technical proposal support, technical customer presentations and meetings.
- Lead system design/architecture development for complex communications systems across RF, PHY, MAC, Networking, and Application layers.
- Decompose system requirements info subsystem requirements for efficient implementation in hardware, FPGA, DSP, and microprocessor based subsystems.
- Lead investigations into and disposition of anomalous behavior reports from internal and external customers.
- Travel to support complex customer system integrations.
- Work closely with subsystem leads to ensure that requirements are understood, well communicated, and complete.
- Support detailed design questions from developers throughout implementation.
- Work with system test leadership to develop an integration and validation strategy to efficiently verify system-level product requirements as development progresses.
- Stay current on leading communication system technologies and best in industry practices.
- Author and present technical white papers at customer and industry events to further TrellisWare s reputation as a communications systems leader.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor s degree in electrical engineering or related field of study required. RF and/or Communications specialization preferred. Master s degree or higher preferred.
- Extensive experience in military tactical radios and/or public safety radios.
The successful candidate will have working knowledge of many of the skills listed below and be an expert in several
- Multiple examples of successful project leadership to deliver military or public safety wireless waveforms and products Examples: SRW, WNW, MUOS, Link-16, P25, AN/PRC-XXX, etc.
- Project leadership of cross-discipline teams including HW, SW, Product Test, and Manufacturing disciplines.
- Extensive experience interfacing with customer/business development for requirements definition, training, product demonstration or support.
- RF system design and/or test for wireless handset or similar
- Modem design, simulation, and/or test.
- Multi-band RF Hardware design with on-board complex digital subsystem environments.
- Ability to abstract complex, technical concepts and communicate them in an a clear, relevant, complete manner to others.
- Ability to work independently, demonstrate initiative and interact with a variety of engineering development teams.
- Demonstrates analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to frequently sit, stand, walk, use hands to fingers, handle or feel, reach within hands and arms length, stoop, kneel, and crouch, talk and hear.
- Regularly required to sit for extended periods of time; frequently required to use office equipment such as PC, printer, telephone, etc.
- Able to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Residency Required
Many of TrellisWare s positions require a security clearance or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
TrellisWare Technologies, Inc. is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer.
Disclaimer: The above statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Nothing in the job description restricts the company s right to change, assign, or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time for any reason.