Aetna s mandate is to transform health and wellness via products that enable consumer engagement and best-in-class experience. This team is responsible for Aetna s digital transformation
and all digital products; as well as the development and execution of the digital roadmap.
A key part of the responsibility is to build an integrated platform that enables the delivery of products to drive engagement and revolutionize health and wellness. We want you to be apart of the team that will build this next generation platform. Leveraging your expertise in Big Data, IoT, Native Cloud Engineering, Machine Learning and Deep Learning
, you will join the product team that will deliver the platform that will disrupt the healthcare industry and improve the lives of hundreds of millions of people. Aetna Digital is a highly energetic, highly collaborative team that operates as a startup within the Aetna Enterprise.
We want you to bring forward your talent and expertise to drive the change the is desperately needed within the healthcare industry.Come Join Aetna Digital!
Aetna Digital, part of CVS Health, is looking for a Principal /Lead Java Engineer
with Java, Scala and/or Spark experience
to help us leverage data management and protection from across the enterprise, the cloud and fog in order to ingest, transform, secure and deliver big data use cases into products focused on helping people live healthier lives. In this role, you will use your experience in working on the latest big data technologies involving Hadoop, cloud computing, security and encryption in the security industry in order to help us leverage data and IoT events at the core of a cloud native health care platform focused on helping people live healthier lives. You will be working as a member of one of our scrum teams in Burlington, MA, Hartford, CT or New York, NY. You will work on cutting-edge applications and products, brainstorming with architects, product managers, data scientists and fellow engineers to build data products used improve the health outcomes of millions of people. In this role you will be working on:
- Collaborate with the product management to understand and influence security requirements as they relate to data protection application, infrastructure and data.
- Participate in identification of solution security options and features
- Incorporate data security architecture (e.g. infrastructure, network, controls) into conceptual designs
- Design, implement, and support encryption, protection and storing enterprise-scale datasets, using big data tools, such as Hive, Pig, Spark & Kafka.
- Establish frameworks for quickly rolling out new data analysis for standalone data-driven products and micro-services.
- Partner end-to-end with Product Managers and Data Scientists to understand customer requirements and design prototypes and bring ideas to production
What we are looking for: We develop real products. You need to be an expert in design, coding and scripting. We prioritize professional industry experience; advanced degrees alone do not replace real world experience We have massive scale. You need to have experience in distributed, scalable systems. You ve worked with modern data storage, messaging, and processing tools and demonstrated experience designing and coding in big-data components. We love to collaborate and help each other, and we want someone to share that ideology We are and need other self-starters who can see the big picture and prioritize their work to make the largest impact on the business and customers vision and requirements.
- You have excellent communication, leadership and collaboration skills
- 6-8 years software development in enterprise/ web/ cloud applications.
- We run a multi-cloud platform. We containerize applications. You should have some notion of how to build, test, and deploy code to run on cloud infrastructure Fluent with functional, imperative and object-oriented languages and methodologies.
- Strong knowledge of programming languages/tools including: Java, Python, Spark, SQL, R, Hive, and Shell Scripts
- Familiar with Hadoop ecosystem - HDFS, Ranger, Atlas
- Must have experience with Unix/Linux systems with scripting experience
- Must have experience in open source programming languages for large scale data
- Exposure to data and code security (Encryption, SSL, Hashing, Masking) is an advantage
Additional Job Information:
- Bachelor s degree or equivalent work experience in Computer Science Engineering or Technology, Machine Learning, or related discipline.
Dollar-for-dollar match up-to 6% of your 401(k) contributions!
Health care (HSA/FSA), dental, vision benefits, PTO
A top of the line MacBook Pro
Aetna-sponsored refreshments, Friday lunches, etc.
$200/yr towards wellness - gym membership, fitbit, treadmill
Up-to 5K a year toward tuition reimbursement
Reimbursement also available for additional Certification, Training & ConferencesPotential Telework Position:
NoPercent of Travel Required:
0 - 10%EEO Statement:
Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action EmployerBenefit Eligibility:
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.Candidate Privacy Information:
Aetna takes our candidate s data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.