Worldwide Business Development Manager, Devices and Digital
Amazon Digital Services LLC – Seattle, WA
- 8+ years of post-degree business development experience in IoT, connected hardware and/or high-tech industries
- Bachelor s degree
Amazon Devices and Digital Services is seeking an innovative, customer-centric team player to work with leading device manufacturers to deliver a shopping experience for everyday items where a customer doesnt have to shop at all. Dash Replenishment Service (DRS) is a new service developed as a collaboration between Alexa, Amazon Retail and AWS to take advantage of IoT and Smart Home technologies to deliver unparalleled convenience to millions of customers.
The Principal Business Development Manager s responsibilities will be to bring these new capabilities to customers and to drive product and business strategy discussions with CxO level leaders in partner organizations. The ideal candidate will have experience effectively driving nascent technology adoption in an international setting, excellent customer engagement skills, a proven track record of successful negotiations, and the technical and business aptitude to drive deals with partners.
Some of the job functions of this position are:
- Serve as a key member of the Devices and Digital Services Business Development team to define and deliver our strategy to partner with global connected hardware manufacturers
- Manage both executive and working level relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Lead cross-functional teams at Amazon across Product, Operations, Engineering, Legal, Finance, and senior management to execute on the relationships
- Execute partnerships to ensure that agreed contractual terms and obligations are met in a timely manner
- Prepare and give business reviews to senior management regarding progress and roadblocks
- Demonstrated ability to create and execute on a successful business development strategy.
- Demonstrated competence in working independently to structure, negotiate, and close partnerships with leading companies, particularly with connected hardware manufactures.
- Strong familiarity with IoT, connected home and/or technical integrations with hardware manufacturers
- Technical fluency; comfort identifying key technical issues, understanding their business development implications and discussing alternative technical solutions.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; strong bias towards data-based decision making, and comfort with pro-forma financial and operational analysis.
- Excellent communication and persuasion skills; demonstrated success getting buy-in for innovative and bold projects.
- Strong problem-solving skills; ability to analyze issues and create appropriate tactical plans
- Meticulous attention to detail: ability to juggle many tasks in parallel without lowering your quality bar
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, innovative, and rapidly evolving industry and business organization
- Tenacity and sense of urgency; the ability make things happen quickly with large, less nimble partners.
- Demonstrated high judgment and street smarts; willingness to roll up the sleeves and do whatever is necessary to meet team goals.
- e-commerce experience
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation