Richardson Manufacturing Company – Springfield, IL
We currently have two shifts available
- Monday - Thursday - 6:00 AM - 4:30 PM, Friday 6 AM - 2:30 PM
- Monday - Thursday - 7:30 PM - 6:00 AM, Friday 7:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Develop the manufacturing processes and sequence of operations from customer supplied drawings, sketches, or blueprints by creating and maintaining CNC Programs, routing operating processes, and providing guidance and training to CNC Machinist though completion of the first batch of parts or as needed during production.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide leadership through project management and establish new policies and procedures when proven necessary.
- Complete new part programming and job packets in a timely manner
- Manage, troubleshoot, and communicate problems during new job run-offs.
- Make improvements to programs and processes.
- Ensure that all documentation is correct during the initial setups.
- Help manage correct setups, cycle times, and follow up on shop floor problems.
- Recognize and help reduce setup, cycle time, and tooling waste.
- Ensure proper process times are on all programs within the department.
- Conduct time studies and tool testing monthly.
- Spot check jobs for proper tool life usage and help keep tooling cost to a minimum.
- Stay current with tool crib processes and procedures.
- Train employees in all facets of machining, paperwork, Plex software, and Job pack.
- Create toolkits and job packs.
- Actively participate in the 5S program, which is to Sort, Set In Order, Shine, Standardize, and Sustain in order to maintain a highly productive work environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to take on responsibilities and challenges and possess the required persistence in the face of obstacles.
- Ability to lead and offer solutions and support to other employees.
- Knowledge of machines, tools, designs, and applications.
- Active Listening Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times
- Requires ability to create G-Code programs
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Knowledge and experience using micrometers, depth micrometers, inside diameter gauge, and outside diameter gauge.
- Understand various tooling technology.
- Experience in the design and development of programmed applications.
- Ability to manage Set-Up and Cycle Time Management strategies.
- Ability to recognize machinists weaknesses and implement strategies to help them improve.
- Ability to pass on training and education to others.
- Strong Math Skills
- Geometric Tolerance Skills
- Basic English Language Skills
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or 6 + years equivalent work experience in CNC Manufacturing.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- The employee must be able to be on their feet for long periods of time.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision to read prints, inspect parts and read various measuring instruments.
- The employee must be able to lift, push, or pull 50 pounds during set-ups.
- The employee must be able to bend and kneel to check parts.
Indeed Hire and Richardson Manufacturing Company are working together to find the best candidate for this job.
By applying, you agree to be contacted by our agent, Indeed Hire, and receive updates via text and phone about your application.
Job Type: Full-time
- CNC Manufacturing: 6 years (Preferred)
- G-Code programs: 1 year (Required)
- Springfield, IL: Between 31 and 40 miles (Preferred)