PureTech Health – Boston, MA
PureTech Health has recently engaged AvidXChange Procurement Software to enable scientists to obtain lab supplies more efficiently & independently. We are in the very early stages of implementing this and are seeking a FT summer intern to help smooth the process.
Reporting to both AP & Lab Operations Team, intern will assist the critical transition process from our current procurement method to our new procurement marketplace, AvidXChange. This will be a cross-disciplinary position between the Lab Operations and Finance Departments.
Duties may include but will not be limited to:
- Working with all internal stakeholders to optimize, troubleshoot & improve the procurement process
- Assisting lab members to independently place, track and receive orders in a timely manner.
- Working with AvidX system administrator to configure new vendors & users within software
- Establishing relationships & communicating with vendors to meet lab purchasing needs
- Managing accounts & records for up to 80-100 vendors.
- Maintaining vendor database
- Registering new vendor accounts to our current address
- Setting up additional Net 30/Credit terms with vendors
- Providing appropriate tax exemption documentation to all vendors
- Assisting finance & Ops team to place orders not currently possible on procurement platform while integrating into software
- Collecting & matching packing slips for received orders to invoices with AP
- Assisting with general credit card reconciling for orders placed outside of standard platform.
- 2-3 years of lab-based research in Biology, Chemistry, Engineering or similar science field
- Strong interest in business administration or development.
- Some administrative and/or customer service experience
- Strong phone presence
- Self-motivated work style
- Strong communication skills
Highly preferred Skills:
- Strong computer skills (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Business analytics
- Prior lab or office procurement experience
- Bonus* Some experience with SL/Microsoft Dynamics/ Other Accounting Software
About PureTech Health:
PureTech Health (PureTech Health plc, PRTC.L) is a cross-disciplinary biopharma company creating 21st century medicines that modulate the adaptive human systems. Our therapies target the immune, nervous, and gastro-intestinal systems by addressing the underlying pathophysiology of disease from a systems perspective rather than through a single receptor or pathway. We are advancing more than 20 clinical studies across our pipeline, with multiple human proof-of-concept studies and pivotal or registration studies expected to read out in the next two years. PureTech Health s rich and growing research and development pipeline has been developed in collaboration with some of the world s leading scientific experts, who along with PureTech s experienced team and board analyses more than 650 scientific discoveries per year to identify and advance the opportunities we believe hold the most promise for patients. This team and process place PureTech Health on the cutting edge of ground-breaking science and technological innovation and leads the Company between and beyond existing disciplines.