We are looking for a Global Product Manager to set strategic direction and partner closely with business and technology to build solutions for the customer travel product search problem. Our mission is to build the worlds leading travel-focused search capabilities that will provide the most relevant and intuitive experience for our customers cueing in on their search intents. As part of our search team, one of your responsibilities will be maintaining and driving a keen focus on delivery and execution of these initiatives at a platform level across Expedia Group brands. This role will include understanding opportunities in new search paradigms as well as leveraging machine learning capabilities in existing type-ahead search and suggest capabilities. As the Product manager, you are in a position to encourage and influence, by articulating and continuously reinforcing the Product vision.
In this role:
- You will drive the vision, roadmap, product scenarios, user stories, and backlog for your team.
- You will collaborate across multiple organizations to build and improve upon Expedia Group machine-learning driven search platform solution.
- You are passionate about asking and answering questions in large datasets, and fostering a machine learning-first product design and you are able to communicate that passion. You have a keen sense of serving customer needs through demonstrating different data types from multiple sources.
- You will lead the test & learn agenda that maximizes the potential of the Expedia Group search platform solution
- You will partner with technical product managers and take product concepts from idea through research, development, measurement, and iteration.
- You will work in across the team along with product managers, UX, engineers, data scientist, analysts, customer advocates and market specialists across multiple EG brands.
- You will own product data analysis and performance measurement for your product remit
- You will keep abreast of developments both internally and externally on product search to identify future capabilities at the platform level
- You will be presenting to senior executives, including C-Level, is not uncommon.
- You will do what is necessary to ship excellent product and platform that meet customer and business needs.
- Bachelor s degree in computer science or an equivalent.
- 3+ years of related experience running technical, especially data-driven, products, including a well-formed understanding of software development methodologies and big data management, gathering of business requirements to turn them into detailed specifications, and following a test-and-learn scientific approach to improve the product incrementally
- Familiarity with product that incorporate Machine Learning and Data Science techniques
- Highly analytical and strong attention to detail and bias towards action
- Strong empathy to understand customer problems and ability to translate those single problem instances into a generic solution that does not overfit onto the specific customer issue or complaint.
- Ability to resolve meaningful business and/or technology problems creatively.
- Ability to build & maintain strong relationships across EG brands and disciplines.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal); an ability to work with multi-disciplined teams to drive execution against project deadlines and deliverables.
- Some of the smartest colleagues you could hope to have who love working in cross functional, focused teams.
- Respect for your life outside of work. While we work hard, Expedia employees have flexibility to pursue their passions and spend time with loved ones.
- A work environment where you can grow your career and hone your product management skills. We invest in our employees learning, and prioritize making Expedia a great place to work.
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world s travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people s lives better that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you re applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee s I-9 to confirm work authorization.