Why is this role critical?
The Product Owner contributes to the success of naviHealth by maximizing the output of the engineering teams within an Agile framework. You will own key functional areas within our product space and will be the go-to person for defining user stories and ensuring the timely delivery of a quality product. The Product Owner is responsible for building a product backlog, accomplishing tactical objectives, and prioritizing the items to best achieve product goals. This role requires a strong work ethic and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Our team is looking for a detail-oriented person who is willing to roll up their sleeves to get to the bottom of an issue.
We care about the people we serve.
We care about each other.
We care about our communities.
We embrace innovation.
We like simple.
naviHealth is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
What you will be accountable for...
- Leading collaboration efforts with
- business stakeholders, UX, product managers, and technical teams to refine business initiatives
- Clearly defining and prioritizing product features into an agile backlog; managing the requirements throughout the agile development lifecycle
- Developing quality user stories that are consistently written and adhere to acceptance criteria standards
- Ensuring that the highest prioritized user stories are clearly understood by business stakeholders and Scrum team members before the start of the sprint
- Creating and communicating requirements artifacts that translate business needs into executable stories
- Working with product owner team members to ensure a user story structure is continually improved and agile ceremonies are followed
What you will need to be successful in this role...
- Education: Bachelors degree in a related discipline
- Years of Experience: min 3 years of relevant work experience
- Work Complexity: Ability to face moderately difficult problems/issues that require moderately complex Usually work independently on large moderately complex tasks.
- Impact: Works to achieve operational targets, which has significant impact on the overall achievement of results for the team; limited impact on departmental goals.
- Supervision: limited supervision
- Coaching/mentoring: coach and mentor junior developers on as needed basis
- Experience in an Agile environment working as a Product Owner or equivalent
- Certified Scrum Product Owner and/or Certified Scrum Master certification is preferred
- Understanding of relevant technology such as SQL Server, Tableau, .Net Framework, Angular
- Excels in spending time with end users, gathering feedback, and translating operational needs into system features
- Enjoys learning and understanding business processes and system workflows
- Comfortable working directly with software engineers and quality assurance team members
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to interact with a wide audience
- Healthcare experience is a plus
- Up to 10% travel as needed