At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. Were all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
The Product Strategy Manager is responsible for ensuring the Discover Student Loans product suite meets the needs of our customers and our business objectives. Researches and develops initiatives for product development and process enhancements. Works cross-functionally to execute these initiatives. Collaborates with impacted business areas to develop business cases and project proposals to initiate strategic projects and process improvements. Responsible for pricing strategies, including developing models, market and competitive analysis, recommending rates, and monitoring origination results for all products to ensure rates remain competitive to drive volume while meeting return expectations.
- Leads the strategy, design and development new products to accelerate originations growth, reduce portfolio attrition, or reduce operating expenses for Discover Student Loans
- Conducts cross-functional assessments of new product concepts including evaluating customer interest, financial viability, legal/regulatory constraints, and IT/Ops resource requirements
- Conducts market, competitive, and consumer research to understand product demand and competitive position to recommend improvements.
- Builds and maintains product roadmap of improvements to increase adoption, reduce customer confusion, and/or increase retention
- Acts as the business sponsor on initiatives and product enhancements to ensure correct interpretation of the product construct and features to drive achievement of business objectives and customer satisfaction.
- Develops, manages and reviews shared communications plans, implementation plans, and risk logs to track progress and mitigate risk to implementations.
- Collaborates with business partners and leadership across corporate functions such as business development, operations, technology, marketing, finance, and risk management to lead and manage project planning, progress reporting, quality assurance, risk mitigation, communication, and implementation management.
- Meets with department heads, managers, supervisors, vendors, and others to gain alignment, solicit cooperation and resolve problems.
- Champions initiatives through a governance process and work with other areas, such as compliance to adhere to standards and policies.
- Oversees and coordinates work performed by internal and external impacted parties.
- Evaluates product performance and recommend improvements.
At a minimum, heres what we need from you:
- Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Business, or related field
- 6+ years of experience in product development, financial services, customer experience, pricing, modeling
- In lieu of a degree, 10+ years of experience in product development, financial services, customer experience, pricing, modeling
If we had our say, wed also look for:
- Masters Degree in Business, Finance, Marketing, or related field
- Strong analytical mindset with the ability to apply a structured approach to solving ambiguous problems
- Strong PowerPoint and communication skills with experience presenting to senior leaders
- Previous management consulting or product strategy experience within financial services or student loans
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.