Production Supervisors are responsible for supervising hourly employees engaged in all phases of the manufacture of all blow molded containers. Duties include safety, quality, customer service, housekeeping, training, performance management, plant productivity, labor utilization, warehousing, and control of raw materials. THIS IS FOR THE 3RD SHIFT, M-F. The primary duties of a Production Supervisor include:
- Understands, follows and enforces all established safety, health, quality GMP and Company policies, procedures and recognized practices.
- Understands, follows and enforces all established policies, procedures and recognized practices.
- The majority of the time will be responsible for exercising authority and independent judgment on the shift in the interest of the Company to hire, transfer, suspend, lay off, recall, promote, discharge, assign, reward, discipline or adjust complaints or effectively to recommend such action by following established policies, procedures, and practices.
- Responsible for the following shift functions; personnel training, development, safety, security, quality, inventory, good housekeeping, and general management of Company policies and procedures.
- Resolves all production and resulting quality problems that occur on their shift. Responsible for frequent checks of product quality.
- Accountable for providing shift documentation on decisions, shift issues, actions and status updates for the shift for the purpose of compliance and continuous quality improvement (CQI).
- Attends all production meetings and safety meetings and conducts all shift meetings as required.
- Responsible for reviewing and authorizing proper time records for all employees on the shift.
- Manages temporary staffing assignments for the shift to achieve plant production and labor objectives.
- Manages machine utilization to meet or exceed efficiency goals and recommends or directs necessary personnel, maintenance or engineering changes to help achieve those goals.
- Develops new methods and procedures to optimize manufacturing efficiencies, maximize labor utilization, and reduce operating costs as part of CQI objectives.
- Assists Production, Operations or Plant Manager in reviewing shift operations and makes recommendations relative to changes in operations, staffing, equipment, and procedures.
- Assists performing all physical inventories in accordance with Company procedures.
- Maintain a supportive and productive work atmosphere through professional conduct and effective communication with internal and external customers, including vendors, coworkers, subordinates, and other supervisors.
- Participates in job safety training and personally follows all plant rules and work procedures to ensure a safe and healthy work environment is developed and supported.
- Executes leader standard work as designed on a daily basis.
- 0-25% travel may be required.
A Bachelors Degree and/or related operations experience; or equivalent combination of education and related operations experience is required. A minimum of 2 years experience in an operations supervisory or management role in a manufacturing environment with demonstrated leadership skills strongly preferred.
Production Supervisors are required to interact with other managers, employees, vendors, and customers. Therefore, the following skills and proficiencies are also essential requirements of the position:
- Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual attendance.
- Computer usage and typing skills are essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Communicates effectively: conveys facts and information clearly both verbally and orally.
- Collaborates well with others: proactively contributes to group objectives; volunteers to help others.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Graham Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
NOTICE TO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:
Graham Packaging is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for any job postings on this site. Resumes submitted to any Graham Packaging employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written and signed search agreement, will become the sole property of Graham Packaging. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for a position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral.