Requisition ID: 105773
Luxottica is a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of fashion, luxury and sports eyewear. Our wholesale network covers more than 150 countries and our retail presence consists of over 7,200 retail stores across the globe.
In North America, our wholesale business is the home to global brands; Ray-ban, Oakley and many of the top fashion house brands. Our leading retail brands include; Lenscrafters, Sunglass Hut, Pearle Vision, Target Optical and Sears Optical. We are also home to EyeMed, the fastest growing vision care company in the United States.
To support our global business, Luxottica operates multiple manufacturing and logistics facilities across North America to support our retail stores and wholesale customers.
The Production Supervisor evaluates work processes to determine strategies and programs which provide greater productivity and efficiency of company functions.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Gathers information to evaluate current work processes in order to determine the flow of work, time requirements, costs, and duration.
- Develops strategies and programs that improve the productivity and efficiency of the various work processes of the company.
- Applies various industrial engineering problem solving and productivity techniques to evaluate the improvement of recommended strategies and programs.
- Provides technical support for the qualification and validation of new product introductions to ensure all aspects of performance, manufacturability and quality are achieved.
- Provides technical support for the qualification and validation of new equipment and processes; and identifies and implements new technologies to continuously improve processes.
- Instructs and leads others in continuous process improvements, including the use of various problem solving and productivity techniques such as process mapping and cost time management.
- Develops and coordinates programs to recognize and reward groups or individuals for suggestions and actions related to process improvement.
- Leads and supports root cause analysis investigations, recommends and executes corrective actions and preventative actions.
- Develops and facilitates employee teams to build cohesiveness and improve the overall results of the respective teams tasks.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Conducts investigations and tests pertaining to the development of new manufacturing methods, materials or processes, and investigates possible applications of results.
- BS in Engineering (Mechanical or Industrial) or equivalent
- 3+ years of manufacturing process improvement experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in evaluating equipment, product and process development, and solving production problems
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize solutions to a broad range of problems
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Proven track record of individual accomplishment, contribution and team based success
- Strong computer skills in MS Office, MS Project or equivalent, Minitab or equivalent statistical package
- Application of Lean manufacturing Principles
- Strong statistical skills, problem solving and data analysis
- Strong Interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate and listen at all levels
- Self-motivated with high sense of urgency, resourcefulness and adaptability
- Clear documentation skills
- Able to rotate from sitting to standing and lift up to 25 pounds
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, Luxottica will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please contact Talent Luxottica at 877-589-8253 (513-765-2256 outside of US) or email [email protected]
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law.