L3 Space & Sensors is a division of L3 Technologies and we are located in Cincinnatis northern suburb of Mason, Ohio. Our Space & Sensors business has an impressive history and is an established pioneer in space exploration and defense technology. We are a Center of Excellence and world renowned for our expertise in the areas of infrared detection and space avionics. Its no wonder we are consistently named in Fortunes 500 listing.
At L3 you will have the opportunity to work with highly recognized engineering and manufacturing teams who are engaged in the design, development, and building of highly-sophisticated electronics equipment that are used in a variety of defense and commercial applications.
We are currently seeking a Program Manager.
L3 Technologies Space & Sensors Technology Center is currently hiring a motivated and energetic Program Manager to contribute to the success of the IES Business Unit. This position is responsible for successfully managing all aspects of cost, schedule, and performance for their assigned programs, in accordance with the approved L-3 processes. Program Managers are responsible to achieve and maintain contract execution, product delivery, and customer satisfaction, as well as support follow-on business development for their assigned programs/customers.
- Ability to attain quarterly and annual sales objectives assigned by management
- Understanding and interpret customer requirements in order to work in partnerships with customers to derive solutions
- Leverage new business with established customer base and identify/pursue opportunities with new customers to include thoroughly qualify new business leads and sales opportunities.
- Leadership of Business Capture efforts for both simple and complex RFPs to include, but not limited to, the following:o Evaluating Proposal Requests (bid/no-bid)
o Interacting with customers to clarify understand customer requirements
o Facilitating and leading proposal kick-off meetings
o Coordinating the build Basis of Estimate for proposal pricing efforts
- Manage assigned programs to meet schedules, performance and budget commitments (contractual and expected)
- Support business unit forecasting by providing weekly/monthly sales & awards forecast to leadership and maintain insight into these forecast to provide supporting detail.
- Provide supervisory oversight and direction to personnel assigned to Program.
- Communicate program requirements and support personnel (Engineering, Finance, Quality, Material Control, Purchasing, Manufacturing, etc).
- Identifying issues impacting program performance and leading efforts to resolve them to closure.
- Effectively transitioning programs from the capture phase through kickoff, execution and closure.
- Establishing program baselines that ensure program success and provide the ability track performance through EVMS metrics.
- Track, manage and report program attributes including the following:o Schedule performance against contract and forecast.
o Cost performance against budget and EAC
o Labor allocation against program needs
o Sales and profit performance against contract acceptance and forecast
o Program risks & opportunities
o Technical & production issues impacting program performance
- Ability to travel 15% to 20% of the time to attend customer meetings/tradeshows
- To be considered for this position, you must possess a Bachelor s Degree.
- 5+ years of Program Management experience (military experience preferred).
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, using computers, projects, and other office communication tools.
- Intermediate level knowledge of Microsoft Office products to include:
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Earned Value Management training and experience
- PMP Certification or ability to get certification within 6 months of start.
- Experience with Infrared products and technology a plus
Our employees enjoy a generous benefit package which includes the following:
- Competitive Pay
- 9/80 Work Schedule (with every other Friday off)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Plans
- Life and Disability Insurance Plans
- Retirement Savings Plans
- Paid Time Off
- Various Voluntary Benefits
L3 is a publicly held company traded under the LLL symbol. We have over 75 locations globally with more than 30,000 employees whose primary focus is on keeping our nation safe. Our high standards and aggressive growth goals also mean that our employees are eligible for numerous career advancement opportunities.
L3 is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V and we make all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
US Security Clearance Required : None Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day - 1st Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time Organization: Division - Space Sensors Tech Center-20000032 Job Level : Manager Job Posting : Jun 24, 2019, 8:53:46 PM Job : Program Management