Do you want to tackle fascinating problems and find solutions to complex challenges in your R&D career? Seqirus has an exciting opportunity to join the growing team at our centre of excellence, in the heart of the Cambridge Biotechnology Hub. With deep expertise in influenza science, our team works on cutting-edge research, pioneering technologies to optimise the manufacture and improve the effectiveness of influenza vaccines. At the same time, we continue to explore novel concepts for longer term transformational approaches to influenza protection. We operate as one integrated global research and development organisation, drawing together expert staff from different countries to collaborate . Together, were working on the front line to protect communities from seasonal influenza and global pandemic threats.
To provide strategic and operational program management for the research function. May provide direct program leadership for complex projects.
Major Accountabilities: Provide Program Management (PM) to the Research Function
- Facilitate all Research Project Team(s) (RPT) to an appropriate level. These RPTs will initially have membership from Research sub-functions, maturing to include Clinical, Technical Development and Regulatory in preparation for stage gate transition.
- Provide relevant projects with oversight in preparing for stage gate transition as per internally defined requirements.
- Lead the development of all necessary team documents (Project Scope, Project Schedule, Project Budget, Risk Management Plan) using appropriate software and templates.
- Work closely with the Research Program Lead (RPL) to manage RPT with respect to team formation, meetings schedule, communication plan, maintaining minutes, action & decision logs. Advise all RPLs on effective meeting planning and operations.
- In liaison with RPT members develop integrated Gantt chart and determine project milestones, and how deliverables will be achieved through formation of sub-teams. Agree upon roles and responsibilities for functional members on RPT as well as for sub-teams.
- Oversees RPT data management ensure version controlled protocols for various assay development activities are documented on SharePoint by sub-functions.
- Provide timely, accurate and objective project status reports, using appropriate templates and providing the appropriate level of information for the target audience.
- Serve as neutral and objective facilitator to ensure open and transparent communication within the team, and to senior leadership; resolving any conflicts that may arise.
Coordinate Research Review Committee (RRC) meetings
- Plan RRC agenda topics together with Head of Research and relevant sub-Function leads.
- Coordinate preparation of high standard pre-read Reports and presentation materials (e.g., slides) for RRC meetings.
- Schedule meetings and maintain minutes and decision/action log.
- Provide high level status of all projects, highlighting any issues, within Research function.
Provide strategic operations support to Research
- Build out Budget and key activities statements (KAS) for the entire Research function in collaboration with cost center managers.
- Plan resource coverage on all Research projects.
- Master degree in life-sciences, medical-related sciences or public health with specialization in PM a plus. Experience equivalent to a graduate degree may also be acceptable.
- 5+ years of relevant post-undergraduate work or academic experience
- 2+ years of directly relevant PM experience in the health care industry, preferably pharmaceuticals.
- Highly organized, proactive, results-driven
- Strategic with ability to see the big picture and identify developing issues
- Strong critical thinking skills with objective interpretation of scientific data.
- Very strong interpersonal skills with ability to bridge between scientific and non-scientific team members, develop and manage relationships in a matrixed environment
- Strong team player with negotiation skills and ability to persuade others and understand the position of others
- Strong verbal communication skills (English) including public presentation; strong written communication skills (English) in both narrative and abbreviated formats
- Strong computer skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint essential; familiarity with software used for PM tracking tools
CSL is introducing a new Career Framework, which will provide a common, global infrastructure for managing jobs and serve as a foundation for future career development and competitive rewards.
Certain components of this job description, including Title and Level are subject to change relative to applicable local laws. Your Talent Acquisition Consultant will discuss the pending changes with you.
Worker Sub Type: