The Project and Data Manager will support the Psychiatric Rehabilitation Division s (PRD) efforts to plan and manage initiatives and projects; develop and present analytic operational reports; and create, modify, and/or simplify operational processes and procedures. The Manager will work closely with PRD senior leadership to implement initiatives to support the division s operational excellence and growth strategy. Also, the Manager will support the divisions efforts in identifying, manipulating, and synthesizing and analyzing data from a variety of sources.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential job duties/responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to the information listed below:
- Assist divisional leadership in launching new and/or improved operational initiatives. Staff divisional work groups that will include managing the agenda, identifying and resolving issues, and preparing work products for work group or to support new endeavors. Work across multiple divisional work clusters to track progress and report back to senior management. Document work flows, identify barriers or obstacles, and offer solutions.
- Contribute to and staff the division s operational analytic efforts. Understand the PRD s current reporting process and end products and identify any gaps and redundancies. Work with process end users to fully understand the current data available and create ongoing and/or one time reports to support ongoing operational improvements. Extract data from complex systems and organize the data into useful end products. Produce graphs, reports and charts to communicate issues or solutions.
- Staff the ongoing development, writing and editing of senior leadership and Competency Enhancement Workgroup products. Promote uniformity of presentation in materials, and logic in location of tools for staff.
- Manage timelines, assignments, track progress, draft communications for staff, and ensure that projects result in high quality and useful products.
- Conduct research and data collection to answer specific questions that impact the PRD s strategic plan, goals and initiatives.
- Redesign and maintain the quality and timeliness of content on both the Vinfen PRD internet (Vinfen.org) and intranet (myvinfen.org) to support incremental improvement. Assist in the assessment and development of longer-term solutions to improve the usefulness of the intranet.
- Identify areas where staffs have developed solutions to existing operations issues and assess whether these solutions would benefit a broader audience by promoting as a best practice . Work with users to identify the specifics, assess the ability to bring the solution to scale, and support development and implementation; examples include managers tool kit, materials to promote supported employment and divisional training initiatives for current staff.
- Develop and use Gantt Charts and Process maps to help all involved parties visualize initiatives and work flows.
- Provide leadership and support to the assessment and implementation of operations and management solutions
- Assist Senior Management to make better informed decisions by constructing and modeling what if scenarios.
- Perform other related duties, as required.
Why Vinfen? We are committed to you! We offer great training, great benefits, career growth and job security!
Our comprehensive and generous benefits package includes:
- A fully funded, employer-sponsored retirement plan that requires no employee contribution as well as an employee-funded 403(b) plan
- First-rate Medical, Dental and Vision plans that are open all employees scheduled to work 30 hours per week or more. Plus, we offer a generous employer contribution toward the cost of medical insurance!
- Employer-paid Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment and Long-Term Disability Insurance (no cost to you!)
- Employer-paid Short-Term Disability Insurance along with the option to purchase additional, voluntary, Short-Term disability insurance
- Flexible Spending Reimbursement Accounts (Health and Dependent care)
- Voluntary Term, Whole Life, Accident and Critical Care Insurance
- Generous paid time off (Employees scheduled to work 20 hours or more per week):
- 15 days of Vacation per year
- 11 Paid Holidays
- 10 Sick Days per year
- 3 Personal Days per year
- Educational Assistance and Remission Programs
- $500 Employee Referral Bonus with no annual cap!
- Other generous benefits including discounted YMCA memberships, access to discounted movie tickets and more!
Founded in 1977, for 40 years Vinfen has been a leading nonprofit human services organization that transforms lives by building the capacity of individuals, families, organizations and communities to learn, thrive and achieve their goals. Vinfen supports thousands of adolescents and adults with psychiatric, developmental and behavioral disabilities at more than 200 sites with 2,800 employees in eastern Massachusetts and Connecticut. www.vinfen.org/careers
My Vinfen. My Community. My Job.
Vinfen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Bachelor s degree in human services or business management required, Master s degree preferred.
- A minimum of three to five years of administrative, project management and/or data analysis in government, human services, health care or similar not for profit industries preferred.
- Experience with making systems run more efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills; Ability to present ideas in a business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail.
- Thorough understanding of and skill in project management; able to work effectively under pressure to meet tight deadlines and goals.
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills; ability to manipulate spreadsheets.
- Proficiency in data management and statistical analysis software.