Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams.
Tetra Tech, Inc. is seeking a Project Assistant for their Sterling, VA office
. The slected candidate will assist operation and project managers with a variety of administrative tasks including managing the reception desk, answering phone calls, placing supply orders, and any other needed office administration tasks. The selected candidate will provide administrative support in travel planning, preparation, and tracking of correspondence (including proofreading, editing, and formatting). In addition, the Project Assistant will assist in data entry of laboratory results and field measurements, complete the production of client deliverables including large reports, manage and maintain project files, and assist in the management of databases. The selected candidate will also manage invoicing from subcontractors and vendors coordinate with the accounting department. The project assistant must also demonstrate discretion and be able to assist with human resource tasks.Qualifications
- An associates degree or BA/BS in business or environmental science or similar field is required.
- Must have excellent customer service and proper office etiquette
- Must have mastery of the Microsoft Office Suite, especially Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Prior experience in a professional consulting environment is strongly preferred
- Prior background in environmental consulting would be advantageous
- Ability to work evenings and weekends if needed
- Ability to work overtime if needed
- Must have a dependable source of transportation In addition to English, fluency in other languages will be considered a plus
- Must be proficient with Windows, MS Office Suite and Internet
- Must be able to type 60 WPM
- Work productively with minimal supervision, such as following up on pending items on projects and corresponding with clients without direction
- Experience with graphic design/support and deliverable layout is preferred
- An associates degree or BA/BS in business or environmental science, or similar field is required.
- Candidate must be able to walk around the entire office and must be physically able to carry up to 35 pounds.
- Candidate must be able to sit at a desk /computer in an office environment for office-based tasks.
- The work environment will consist of office work that will generally be an even split between receptionist/administrative and project responsibilities
- Candidate must be willing to work beyond traditional hours in order to meet client deadlines.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agenciesJob
Administrative SupportPrimary Location
Apr 1, 2019, 2:56:19 PMJob Closing Date
OngoingTetra Tech - 30+ days ago - save job - original job