Sunik, LLC, an Akima Company, successfully integrates all aspects of Facilities and Logistics operations and management into seamless solutions executed with precision and excellence. This includes building and structures maintenance, vehicle equipment operations and maintenance, ground and surface area maintenance, warehouse operations, material management, shipping and receiving, inventory control, plant operations, data management and moreall continuously measured by the most rigorous outcome base performance metrics. The result: our customers maintain continuity of operations under all conditions while being freed to focus on their core mission. Our personnel enjoy competitive benefits packages and challenging roles in work environments committed to innovation, diversity and opportunity for career growth. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), 100% of our companys profits go back to our 14,300 Iupiat shareholders that have resided near and above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years. Our business helps support their way of life and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived in a challenging environment.
Assist Project Managers and operation leads in all duties related to financial and performance; planning, tracking, and reporting. Initiate, monitor and maintain proper project setup in Deltek Costpoint via completion and submission of a project setup form (PSF). Form includes: project number structure, funding setup, revenue and billing formula setup, project ceilings, labor categories, billing rates, rate sequence, project workforce, etc. Review and analyze contract, subcontracts, and agreements to ensure project meets financial and reporting requirements and assist with pricing and historical data collection. Maintain project files on SharePoint including: Contracts, subcontracts, proposals, budgets & plans, schedules, project review materials, reports, deliverables, invoices, leases and agreements.
Budgeting and financial analysis:
- Develops project cost/schedule baselines and budgets
- Monitors project actuals and resolves issues
- Monitors outstanding project commitments (e.g., travel, subcontracts)
- Develops monthly project financial forecasts/EACs and conducts variance analysis
- Monitors the projects burn rate against funding remaining
- Initiates and routes at risk forms for projects that are required to perform at risk
- Analyze project reports to identify and resolve issues
- Performs monthly unbilled analysis
- Communicates project status and findings to Project and Operations Management monthly at a minimum
- Consistently meet all required deadlines (contract modifications, project setup changes, accruals, at risk approvals)
- Document project status each month on SharePoint to support Corporate month-end close reviews
- Earned value calculations and analysis for projects, if required
- Ensure accuracy of project-related expense reports and ensure timely processing
- Proactively monitor project time cards, ensure timecard errors are identified and corrections are processed in timely manner
Project A/R and A/P:
- Ensure subcontract/vendor payments are processed and coded correctly and in timely fashion
- Provide customer specific invoice backup
- Review and approve draft invoices prior to submission to customer
- Monitor billing and payment status of customer invoices
- Perform monthly accrual calculations
- Assists PM with invoice collection
- Track contractual obligations and deliverables
- Assist project team with Work authorizations
- Identifying and analyzing project risk
- Development and execution of internal and external project reviews
- Schedule updates, analysis, and reporting
- Initiating Purchase Requisitions and goods receipts in Deltek Costpoints Procurement module
- Generation and analysis of financial reports
- Communicating timecard and expense practices for the project
- Customer invoice review and approval prior to submission
- Funding notifications to the customer (i.e. 75% letters) and Contract Closeouts
Qualifications Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Business related field preferred
- 5+ years experience providing project accounting support for services contracts for Govt. customers
- Ability to work independently, self-motivated, proactive
- Track record of delivering well-organized and accurate work
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to work well with accounting, contracts, and project personnel to accomplish tasks
Equipment and Applications:
- Deltek CostPoint Project Module Proficiency
- MS Excel Proficiency (Vloopkup / SUMIF formulas, pivot tables, etc.)
- Cognos experience preferred
- Deltek Time and Expense
- Strong skills in MS Word, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Project
- Experience using and configuring MS SharePoint team sites
- Might require local travel to client sites < 5%.
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description generally cover the nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. This is not intended to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Subject to the terms of an applicable collective bargaining agreement, the company management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as may be necessary. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you have a physical and/or mental disability and are interested in applying for employment and need special accommodations to use our website to apply for a position please contact, Recruiting Services at [email protected]
or 571-353-7053. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
The dedicated email and telephonic options above are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance to apply to an open position using our website.Please do not use the dedicated email or phone number above to inquire on the status of your job application.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
In order for our company to stay compliant with government regulations, please apply on line. Please DO NOT email resumes or call in lieu of applying online unless you have a physical and/or mental disability and need assistance with the online application.
Shift: Day Job Primary Location: US-VA-Quantico Organization: Sunik, LLC Job: Finance & Accounting Closing Date (Period for Applying) - External: Ongoing Travel: No Clearance Level: Not Applicable