Do you have a passion for numbers? Do you enjoy working on challenging construction projects? Do you love building what matters? If so, Skanska USA may be the place for you!
The Project Controls Coordinator is largely responsible for the logging and distribution of all relevant project controls documents to the Project team. He/she supervises and directs all planning and scheduling activities of the project through the application of diversified controls, systems, principles and practices. He/she works under direct supervision, gathers and distributes information and will also supervise other administrative personnel related to Project Controls.
What Youll Do:
- Responsible for the safety of all assigned employees and subcontractors to ensure the safe execution of all activities, including the strict adherence to company safety policies and programs through the communication and enforcement of the Skanska Safety and Health Management Program, including the ability to independently stop work for a safety violation or suspected safety violation;
- Independently manage the development/implementation of project controls standards and procedures;
- Interface/and act as liaison with project management, owner, subcontractors, etc. on all planning and scheduling related items and functions, including making independent determinations as to reporting requirements, progress status, new impacts, etc.;
- Manage meetings with owner, client representatives and other contractors as required;
- Understanding of corporate planning and schedule standards and how they are implemented to aid Managers in ensuring that project related activities comply;
- Maintain effective relationships with internal and external clients;
- Maintain budgets for a project, including forecasting and recommending adjustments to the project budget;
- Input and monitor costs and progress. This includes coding and/or reviewing the coding of timesheets, invoices, etc. for accuracy;
- Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly project forecasts;
- Prepare and/or review monthly billings to Owner;
- Assist in the preparation and negotiation of cost proposals for additional work including tracking Time & Material work.
Were Looking For:
- Knowledge of P6;
- Computer proficient and the ability to adapt to new innovations and processes;
- Ability to coordinate and interact with Client administrative personnel on a daily basis;
- Working knowledge of Scheduling Software;
- Broad understanding of industry;
- Strong written, communication and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to multi-task;
- Functions effectively as part of a team;
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times;
- Good time management and organizational skills;
- Ability to understand and follow directions;
- 5D Project Management experience is desired;
- Previous experience on a Unit Price job is strongly preferred;
- Bachelor of Science degree in Construction, Business, or Engineering preferred, but experience may be considered in lieu of;
- 3+ years of related industry experience.
Developing Your Career at Skanska, You Will:
- Contribute to a sustainable future improving the lives of people, communities and companies;
- Collaborate in an open culture where sound values and dedicated people come together for greater results;
- Thrive in a people-driven international company with countless opportunities to learn and grow.
Skanska is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age.
Skanska USA is one of the largest, most financially sound construction and development companies in the U.S., serving a broad range of clients including those in transportation, power, industrial, water/wastewater, healthcare, education, sports, data centers, government, aviation and commercial. Headquartered in New York with offices in ****93 metro areas, we have more than ****93,****93 employees committed to being leaders in safety, project execution, sustainability, ethics and people development. In ****93, our work in building construction, civil and power/industrial construction, commercial development and infrastructure development (public-private partnerships) generated $7.1 billion in revenue. Global revenue of parent company Skanska AB, headquartered in Stockholm and listed on the Stockholm Stock Exchange, totaled $****93.4 billion in ****93. Skanska shares are publicly traded in the U.S. on the OTC market under the symbol SKBSY through a Level I American Depository Receipt program.
We are proud to be named one of America s Best Employers of ****93 by Forbes.
Search Firm and Employment Agency Disclaimer
Skanska USA Human Resources ( Skanska HR ) provides HR services to the Skanska business units within the U.S.A. including Skanska USA Civil Inc., Skanska USA Building Inc., Skanska USA Commercial Development Inc. and Skanska Infrastructure Development Inc. (collectively Skanska USA ). As such, Skanska HR is the sole authorized representative of Skanska USA to execute any agreements with search firms, employment agencies or any employment vendor ( Vendor ). As a condition precedent to any entitlement for payment, a Vendor shall have both (1) Skanska USA Placement Agreement, and (2) an Engagement Job Order executed by an authorized Skanska HR representative. Absent the properly executed documents, Skanska HR shall have no obligation to make payment to the Vendor. Verbal or written communications from any employee of Skanska USA business units shall not be considered binding obligations. All resumes whether unsolicited or solicited shall be considered property of Skanska HR.