Project Coordinator & Office 365 Trainer
YMCA of Greater Boston – Boston, MA
To apply your knowledge of the Office 365 environment and related technology to support organizational goals. Unique opportunity to partner with YMCA leaders and staff across the YMCA of Greater Boston Association to provide support and training on the Office 365 environment. Work in conjunction with a Project Manager to assist with technology level implementation and support during complex project execution.
The Project Coordinator & Office 365 Trainer will be responsible for providing remote and in person support and training for the Office 365 environment. Training and support will frequently be in conjunction with organization level projects where the position will assist with technology implementation and support. The trainer should leverage existing technology and be self-directed on learning new technology to support organizational goals. The Office 365 Trainer will be strongly versed in Microsoft Teams as the primary collaboration software used by the YMCA of Greater Boston. The project coordinator and office 365 trainer will evaluate the needs of organization projects and provide technical and logistical support to accomplish project aims.
- Consults with YMCA leaders and staff on the use of technology. Provides remote and in person training for suggested technology in the Office 365 environment.
- Manages the overall structure of the MS SharePoint site for the organization
- Works with staff to migrate files to the MS SharePoint site and set up systems to ensure file maintenance
- Train new and existing staff on Office 365 technology and software enhancements, as applicable.
- Provide instruction and support to users on technological solutions and assists with troubleshooting as needed.
- Research and recommend ways to leverage existing technology for desired performance and operations. Suggest upgrades as needed.
- Develop training materials for organizational courses, and training aids to assist staff in troubleshooting problems independently.
- Develop informational pages, frequently asked questions and how to guides for Office 365 software.
- Provides support on special projects by assisting in training, support and development to ensure that technology is being used to its full potential.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Associate Degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 1-2 years of experience in position or technical equivalent. Strong customer service skills.
- Fluency in English (speaking, reading and writing).
- Ability to develop and clearly communicate guidelines, processes and documentation.
- Ability to work independently with limited support.
- Highly skilled in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Teams, MS SharePoint required.
- Experience MS Power BI, MS Project strongly preferred.
- Regular office hours, occasional after hour support for branches, as needed.
- Capable of lifting 30 lbs. Ability to climb a ladder.
- Physical, visual, and auditory ability to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Required travel time up to 50%