Since our founding in 1982, Shawmut Design and Construction (a 100% employee-owned company) has been recognized as a Best Place To Work 53 times by our employee-owners. At Shawmut, you will have the opportunity to own your career and deliver impact within our culture of ownership and innovation focused around providing the gold standard of client service for the worlds most recognizable and elite brands and institutions. Responsibilities
We are currently looking for Project Executives to join our Providence team to work on extraordinary and cutting-edge projects. Do you thrive on leading multiple teams and drive their growth and development? Do you love developing critical relationships with internal and external clients? Our Project Executives lead several projects and teams while achieving financial control and attaining profit goals for each project. In addition, they contribute to the development and execution of goals and strategies to seek new clients, maintain existing client relationships, and focusing on growth strategies and market focus. Responsibilities include:
- Guide multiple jobs and multiple job teams operationally in each phase including pre-construction, construction, closeout, and post-construction services
- Formulate and develop contract terms with clients and communicate to project team
- Ensure that the project strategy is clearly defined and communicated and drive the strategy throughout job set up
- Collaborate with Estimating and Purchasing in the up-front set up of projects to insure profitability, client satisfaction and the best subs for the job
- Promote positive subcontractor relations by dealing professionally and fairly with all subcontractors and vendors, and continually instilling this philosophy in the project team
- Communicate effectively with field team members as well as keeping them active in decision-making.
- 10+ years of experience in construction management with a commercial general contractor/construction manager
- Proven track record of successful projects with academic clients (universities, colleges, independent schools, and K-12 projects)
- Proven management and leadership experience including mentoring and managing others
- Must have ability to achieve and maintain financial control and profit goals for projects
- Business development/heavy client interaction a plus
Shawmut prohibits discrimination against any staff member or applicant on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, religion, national origin, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, disability, creed, citizenship status, or any other legally protected characteristic.