Overview What do you get when you bring together the brightest minds and place them into an exciting, fast-paced environment that fosters intellectual growth and rewards based on impact, not tenure?
You get one of the fastest growing consulting companies in the United States. While we may be a new name in consultancy, we were born from a storied one. Guidehouse was founded in 2018 as an evolution of PwC Public Sector with a mission to help our clients deliver on their mission; providing bold new strategies that catalyze transformative results across all ends of the enterprise. We embrace brilliance. We embrace independence. Join us. Responsibilities Guidehouse s Finance team is a strategic business advisor responsible for managing financial risk, including: financial planning and reporting, data analysis, and assisting leadership with strategic and tactical matters. Services include: budget management, cost benefit analysis, forecasting needs, data and analytics related to portfolio performance, shared services and financing. Finance works daily with leadership, engagement partners and managers on managing the profitability of engagements and the overall business portfolio. Finance also works closely on portfolio management and investment decisions, analyzes potential acquisitions, joint ventures, partnerships and divestitures, assisting with all integration and separation matters likely to arise.
Finance, which is comprised of Vertical, Regional and Business Unit (BU) teams is the primary interface to partners and client service staff They are responsible for working closely with their leaders in developing, improving, and driving financial and operational processes for the business This will include developing and executing budgets and forecasts, asset management (i.e. billings and collections activities), and overseeing engagement economics for individual partners, clients, verticals, markets, BUs, and regions They will manage portfolios at the various reporting levels as well as identify opportunities for the Firm to gain competitive advantages
The Finance and Accounting Team leads Guidehouse s financial management and accounting activities by driving accuracy, compliance, and consistency in alignment with Guidehouse s policies and Federal contracting regulations. The team has an in-depth understanding of the Guidehouse s financial systems, policies, procedures and processes and is able to team with operational and client service partners and staff to provide relevant financial support services and business advisory support to those key stakeholders. Qualifications
- Demonstrates prior success in roles involving Federal government cost-based contracts, especially government contract compliance and financial statement auditing
- Minimum Years of Experience: 5
- Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor s degree in Accounting or Finance
Demonstrates proven extensive knowledge levels of, and success in roles as a involving, executing strategies and managing the operations and accounting for a global consulting partnership s US government (federal, state, local, and multilateral) consulting practice, which includes the following areas:
- Understanding comprehensively the firms accounting policies, financial systems, business processes, operations and organizational structure, especially as it relates to finance, budgeting, projections, financial analysis, reporting activities, and financial monitoring through the project and engagement life-cycles
- Leveraging and applying Federal government contract reporting and regulatory compliance requirements, emphasizing areas involving risk management, business and operational processes, audit, development of estimates at complete and labor category mapping
The following additional areas are highly preferred:
- Prior success with using Deltek Costpoint in conjunction with Federal Financial Reporting requirements
- US government security clearance levels
Demonstrates proven extensive and success with executing strategies and managing the operations and accounting for a global consulting partnership s US government (federal, state, local, and multilateral) consulting practice, which includes the following areas:
- Managing and implementing project controls to establish, monitor, and report key financial milestones and deliverables, as well as improve effectiveness and efficiency
- Providing insight in the areas of risk management, business and operational processes, auditing, financial reporting, and regulatory compliance
- Leading Project Finance engagement teams, driving financial reporting activities and adhering to Federal government contract compliance requirements
- Overseeing all financial aspects of an engagement and continually monitoring the progress of the engagement, effectively tracking costs
- Collaborating with business demand leaders on project and staffing resources
- Operating with moderate level of independent decision making and influence, interacting effectively with target audiences in the execution and implementation of projects and initiatives related to project controls and engagement financial analysis
- Developing financial reporting packages, implementing and driving project control improvements, and establishing processes and procedures within the team
- Reviewing and approving engagement teams travel expense documentation
- Leading a team of staff, facilitating staff development and career progression, and guiding others to deliver quality work products
Disclaimer Guidehouse is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or other characteristics protected by law.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at [email protected]
All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Personal and Family Sick Time & Company Paid Holidays
- Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Student Loan Paydown
- Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health Savings Account, Dental/Vision & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
- Emergency Back-Up Childcare Program