Mustache is seeking an amazing Project Manager to add to the mix. The Project Manager will initiate, maintain and manage the client s projects on an ongoing and project basis. This role will report directly to the Executive Producer (Integrated).
The projects assigned will vary between small to mid-size client engagements, new business pitches and internal agency initiatives. Most assignments are project-based and video centric, often taking the form of integrated branded campaigns.
The PM works closely with all agency personnel in determining project scope, estimating, planning, executing and monitoring assigned projects and deliverables. The PM will direct and coordinate the day-to-day agency efforts on assigned accounts.
The right candidate will think two steps ahead, know every detail of any given project they manage, and keep calm under pressure. You must be a creative problem solver, who strives to find solutions, while managing both the internal and client teams. In order to be successful, you must be humble, empathetic, and focus on delivering exceptional work, on time and within budget.
The PM will ensure that the agency provides:
- Sound and responsible project management and planning
- Proper and innovative execution of work in all areas on schedule
- A consistently superior creative product
- Act as a Team Leader on assigned projects, responsible for projects throughout all stages; pitch, budgeting/ scoping, execution, launch, retrospective
- Assist Account Executive and Bidding Producer in defining project scope (with technical and deliverable expectation, and crafting scopes of work.
- Work with Bidding Producer and department leads to generate budget estimate, realistic timeline, and resource strategy recommendation for assigned projects
- Coordinate and collaborate cross-functionally with strategists, creative, production, and client services in full project life cycle
- Initiate and lead all appropriate project meetings
- Lead brainstorms in an efficient manner
- Influence the efficiency and quality of work, advocating for the agency/client relations while protecting internal team
- Monitor & enforce project constraints (schedule/scope/resources)
- Drive projects to final stages of completion by keeping the team on track and motivated
- Own project management/workflow system data entry, reporting, and financial analysis
- Create or maintain all project backup, status reports, PO s, estimates, schedules, change orders, technical and production specs
- Monitor out-of-scope requests, initiate additional estimates and approvals with Account Executive & Bidding Producer approval
- Work with account executive to insure proper billing and invoicing.
- Work with Mustache legal counsel, and client legal counsel to define relevant contracts, agreements, and best practices
- Manage vendors and talent on assigned projects - create purchase orders, monitor actual vs. budgeted costs
- Manage the production of new business presentations and materials as assigned
- Manage agency internal projects and assist in preparing materials for creative presentations and meetings
- Ability to anticipate project issues/risks and clearly communicate resolutions - first to Integrated Producer or Executive Producer, then across teams, then to the client
- Background in Marketing, Advertising, and Digital Video or Broadcast TV Production
- 4-6 years of Relevant work experience
- Interest in and aptitude for producing Creative and Marketing solutions
- Experience as a PM in a Creative Agency or Production environment (Digital, Production, Broadcast, Post)
- Managed budgets up to, and over $100,000
- Well versed in executing campaigns across multiple platforms, particularly web and mobile video
- Expertise in video production work flows
- Experience managing clients (external and internal) on project scope and delivery
- Comfortable being client facing
- Great project management abilities in a leadership role
- Self -motivated and willing to expand knowledge
- Experience establishing budgets, staff plans and timelines
- Proficiency in project management tools
- Solid organizational skills
- Solution oriented self-starter with a positive can-do attitude
- Ability to quickly react and adapt to changing environments
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Reliable, and can establish trust with their teams
Mustache is content Scripted, Unscripted, Live Action, Animation, Short Form, Long Form, TV, Social Media, Commercial, Branded Content and beyond. Founded in 2010 and headquartered in Brooklyn, NY, Mustache is staffed with a passionate and diverse collection of multi-hyphenate creators and doers, and is uniquely calibrated to craft soup-to-nuts, visually-stunning, imaginative, thoughtful, hilarious content and campaigns for any platform. Born of an instinct to buck tradition and institutional bloat, Mustache s energized team is designed to contend with the biggest dinosaurs in the advertising, digital and entertainment industries.
In 2019, Mustache was acquired by Cognizant Interactive - a powerful digital experience agency, recognized by AdAge as the #1 digital agency network in the U.S. and the #3 in the world. Learn more about Mustache at www.MustacheAgency.com.