Since our founding in 1982, Shawmut Design and Construction (a 100% employee-owned company) has been recognized as a Best Place To Work 53 times by our employee-owners. At Shawmut, you will have the opportunity to own your career and deliver impact within our culture of ownership and innovation focused around providing the gold standard of client service for the worlds most recognizable and elite brands and institutions.
Responsibilities We are currently looking for Project Managers to work with our Healthcare and Life Science s team. Do you thrive running a project team by driving the growth and development of project team members? Do you love developing critical relationships with internal and external clients? In this position you will lead a team responsible for numerous construction management related tasks including, project execution, financial management, and delivering projects the Shawmut way while achieving financial control and profit goals for each project.
- Take an active role in and guide projects and project teams in each phase including pre-construction, construction, closeout, and post-construction services
- Identify and focus on critical issues related to constructability including associated costs and logistical issues
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of all Shawmut financial processes, controls, and reports, i.e., internal budgets, costs to complete, billings, collections, subcontractor payments, change order preparation and resolution, contracts, etc.
- Develop, nurture and maintain ongoing client, architect, subcontractor and industry (landlords, brokers, etc) relationships at the appropriate level reinforcing Shawmut s dedication to continuously addressing their needs and interests.
- 5+ years experience managing projects in the Healthcare or Sciences sector in the New England area
- Experience building multiple projects at a time in the $5-20M range
- Direct responsibility of leading and developing staff.
Shawmut prohibits discrimination against any staff member or applicant on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, religion, national origin, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, disability, creed, citizenship status, or any other legally protected characteristic.