YMCA of Greater Boston – Boston, MA
The Project Manager will be responsible for managing all aspects of complex projects from discovery, inception, conclusion and analysis. The Project Manager collaborates with YMCA leaders and staff to ensure a systemic process for project management. The Project Manager provides reports and metrics to support strategic projects and operations management.
- Manages all aspects of key strategic projects for senior leadership.
- Coordinates the work activities across multiple function to ensure project completion and delivery.
- Responsible for all aspects of a project lifecycle: planning, scope definition, design, execution, delivery and analysis.
- Acts as a point of contact for all organizationally assigned projects, including inquiries and assessments.
- Facilitates and troubleshoots problems associated with project development. Escalates complex issues to Director of Information Services or appropriate leader.
- Partners with external contacts or vendors on project support. Assists with the selection, negotiation and management of all consultants and vendors related to project execution.
- Tracks projects against milestones, budgetary guidelines and other key performance indicators.
- Prepares reports regarding progress of strategic projects. Works with and presents reports to senior leaders, as needed.
- Manages the strategic plan and operational data collection and reporting.
- Additional duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor s degree in Project Management or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 1-2 years of experience in position or technical equivalent. Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Fluency in English (speaking, reading and writing).
- Ability to develop and clearly communicate guidelines, processes and documentation.
- Ability to work independently with limited support.
- Experience with MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Teams, MS SharePoint required.
- Highly skilled in MS Excel and MS SharePoint.
- Experience with project management software and reporting required.
- Experience MS Power BI, MS Project strongly preferred.
- Regular office hours, occasional after hour support for branches, as needed.
- Capable of lifting 30 lbs. Ability to climb a ladder.
- You must have the physical, visual, and auditory ability to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Required travel time up to 50%