Linde Engineering – Houston, TX
Overview Responsible for the execution of one or more simultaneous projects in accordance with a valid, executed contract, per Company policies and procedures, and work instructions. Responsibilities
- Direct all project phases engineering (basic and detailed), procurement, fabrication, construction and commissioning/start-up.
- Maintain a strategic focus for the project with frequent interaction with the business area and the client to ensure a balance between the immediate project needs and the long term goals of the company.
- Manage the execution of the project with a focus on maintaining or improving the as-sold profit level for the project.
- Ensure that the right product is developed and delivered to meet Companys quality standard, and contract requirements.
- Utilize project management methodologies, systems and tools as defined by Company.
- Comply with Companys rules and policies and follows professional practice.
- Lead Project Teams and facilitates the communication and interaction among the functional representatives.
- Track project against its schedule, budget and against phase gate review objectives, reporting status to management and customer on a regular basis, and executive staff on an as needed basis.
- Develop and implements recovery plans for off-schedule and unanticipated occurrences.
- Prepare periodic management and/or customer reports and presentations.
- Coach Project Team to achieve project goals.
- Mentor and coach the project engineer assigned to the support the project.
- Lead weekly Project Meetings in cooperation with Project Engineer.
- Review and verify project estimates monthly.
- Manage project budget and controls expenses effectively.
- Provide feedback regarding employee performance on a project team to the functional manager for record.
- Recommend new processes where needed to improve quality, cost, or on-time delivery.
- Identify project scope changes and prepares job change notices for submittal to clients.
- Maintain awareness of safety and environmental requirements.
- Negotiate differences with client and internal personnel to meet project goals.
- Review and approves key project documents including P&IDs, Plot Plans, Operating Manuals, etc.
- Provide primary line of communication with client.
- Work with Project Controls to transition proposed budget into execution budget. Tracks costs and reports against budget.
- Provide day to day supervision of the assigned project admin assistant to resolve project admistrative issues as they relate to the PMs assigned projects.
- Work with Project Compliance Engineer to prepare for and conduct project gate meetings at appropriate phases of the project.
- Assist in preparation of and review of client invoices.
- Participate in the Project Proposal to ensure the Scope of Work is properly defined and ensures that the Project Team has a clear understanding of the Project Scope of supply.
- Develop Project Execution Plan.
- Minimum 10 years industrial related project management experience, in an EPC environment.
- Possesses a general understanding of contract administration, business principals and business law.
- Possesses a broad understanding of each engineering discipline.
- Effective management and leadership skills.
- Effective computer skills; Microsoft Office Software, Lotus Notes, and other Company and discipline specific software applications.
- Effective communication skills both verbally and in writing with management, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.