DEPT/DIVISION: PVH Global Logistics LOCATION: New York, NY
POSITION RPTS TO: Director, Logistics Innovation DATE: January 2019
Provides strategic leadership to Logistics teams through thought-partnership, program/project planning methodologies, and executing of Logistics strategies. Responsible for driving and supporting projects and foundational processes.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Works closely with Director to identify Logistics annual strategies and goals.
- Monitor key process metrics and KPIs and coordinate to drive improvement in Operational Excellence foundational activities and decisions.
- Accountable for program/project planning and results along with Initiative Owner; Support initiative owners in scoping, planning, and managing initiative projects including:
- Conduct or oversee business-specific projects that are small to medium in size and moderately complex by applying cross-functional (or deep functional) expertise in project management.
- Managing projects end-to-end throughout the project lifecycle (initiate, planning, execution/implementation, monitor/control, and closing stages), while adhering to PVH project practices.
- Develop and maintain tracking of end to end Program/Project Plan.
- Develop and maintain documentation outlining program/project initiative, scope, goals, deliverables, required resources, budget, and timing.
- Drives the work of assigned project team by requesting resources to support project demands and communicating a clear vision of project goals and objectives to the team.
- Lead and facilitate status meetings along with consistent communication of current project status including action items to keep the project moving forward.
- Coordinate with project team members to ensure all action items and milestones are delivered on time and assist to remove roadblocks as needed.
- Manages and mitigate project risks by identifying, documenting, and analyzing trigger events, establishing contingency plans; anticipating dependencies affected by ongoing project changes, and recommending ways to mitigate future risks to management.
- Prepare and communicate status reports for sponsor, key stakeholders, and Executive Management regarding project performance metrics (i.e. deliverables, key accomplishment, planned activities, risks/mitigation plan and financials).
- Facilitate steering committees and working team meetings as necessary to help drive to plan
- Coordinate best practice information to ensure team is following what is already documented & building future documents
- Identify, recommend, and implement process enhancements based on industry, corporate, or brands best practices
- Serve as thought partner to Logistics Leadership
- Plan & facilitate off-sites along with Logistics leadership
- Serve as key contact to coordinate communicate with business partners such as CSR, GSC, IT initiatives related to the business
- Drive continuous improvement and increased efficiency and effectiveness as business needs shifts
- Manage IT SSRS requests, elevate to leader
- Translate costing analytics pertinent to Logistics including trending, planning, reporting
- Lead, coach, and motivate team members on a proactive basis
- Communicate process and deliverables updates to cross functional leadership to ensure common understanding and requirements for success
- Prepare strategy, budget, and other relevant presentations and communications to relevant business partners regarding pertinent information throughout the process as well as agreed upon follow-up
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL CONTACTS:
Internal: Logistics leadership & direct report teams, PVH Brand leadership (Presidents, GMs, Planning, Finance, leads, etc.) & direct report teams, Human Resources, IT
External: Global regional partners, service providers, PVH vendors
Indirect: Nonethough may direct ad-hoc project teams
- Must have strong influencing skills
- Provide recommendations and guide teams to make decisions in a timely manner
- Ability to work with leaders to provide team recommendations for final decisions
- Ability to analyze multiple areas of the PVH businesses, recommend, and develop comprehensive plans and initiatives to improve business, communication, and performance in multiple areas
- Comfortable with all levels and cultures/relationship builder, needs to be able to navigate within the organization
- Uses creativity in communication to clearly articulate written and visual messages; includes creative usage of Power Point to convey messages
- Trusted and respected resource as the connector to keep the business on track
Individual contributor & team player at same time - must be able to work independently and to be self-sufficient, but also must be able to act as a team leader and collaborator.
- Ability to influence at all levels
- Ability to work in ambiguity
- Travel estimated at 20% initially, up to 40%
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years Project Management experience
- 2+ years Industry experience (Logistics, W&D, Supply Chain, or Consultant)
- Apparel experience preferred
- Demonstrated leadership managing or influencing people
- Proven ability to create, implement and measure new processes
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- 4 year degree in business or related field preferred
- Additional equivalent work experience may be substituted for the degree requirement
- PMI Certification is a plus but not required
- Familiarity with Microsoft Project management tools and/or similar software related packages
- Rapidly adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities
- Excellent communication, leadership, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to elicit cooperation from senior management and other departments
- Project Management/Program Development
- Process Design
- Meeting Facilitation
- Excel and PowerPoint (intermediate)
- Excellent communication skills verbal & written
With a history going back over 135 years, PVH has excelled at growing brands and businesses with rich American heritages, becoming one of the largest apparel companies in the world. We have over 36,000 associates operating in over 40 countries and nearly $9 billion in annual revenues. We own the iconic CALVIN KLEIN, TOMMY HILFIGER, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Speedo*, Warners, Olga and Geoffrey Beene brands, as well as the digital-centric True & Co. intimates brand, and market a variety of goods under these and other nationally and internationally known owned and licensed brands.
- The Speedo brand is licensed for North America and the Caribbean in perpetuity from Speedo International Limited.