Proposal Coordinator - Entry Level
Malick & Scherer, P.C. – Clinton, NJ
Malick & Scherer, P.C. (M&S), a multi-disciplined engineering and land surveying firm specializing in the transportation infrastructure industry, has an immediate opening available for the following position:
PROPOSAL COORDINATOR ENTRY LEVEL
We are offering an exciting opportunity in our growing Marketing Department located in our Hampton, NJ office. This position is part of a team that works with key management and technical staff to develop winning proposals for county, state, and private clients for our civil/structural engineering, construction inspection, and land surveying departments.
- Provide support as required for all stages of the proposal development process from opportunity identification through proposal submission
- Coordinate production of schedules, outlines, proposal kickoffs, and other proposal tasks/meetings
- Facilitate and coordinate proposal reviews (color team reviews)
- Ensure accuracy of the proposal core data/information on templates and check drafts throughout the proposal process, especially following document recovery from color team reviews
- Serve as the scribe for working group sessions and major proposal meetings, recording status and action items, and getting the information distributed to the attendees in a timely manner following the session/meeting
- Research, prepare, and edit documents; format and proof the response of multiple authors/reviewers for a consistent and professional response; decipher and eliminate redundant information
- Interface with writers and subject matter experts in coordinating/preparing the response documents
- Participate in the creation of proposals and multi-media presentation materials
- Review all communication for grammar, formatting, punctuation, etc.
- Perform desktop publishing in MS Word, and other tools (e.g. Adobe Acrobat) to ensure proposal documents are properly formatted, compliant with RFP requirements, easy to read, and visually appealing
- Adhere to style guide and reinforce that proposal team authors adhere to all such style guides
- Support coordinating logistics and producing materials needed for review sessions and meetings related to the proposal life cycle process.
- Track subconsultant teaming, requests, and deadlines
- Assist with marketing materials and events
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 0-2 years of work experience, preferably writing, editing, and proofreading
- Experience supporting proposals in Government contracting highly desired
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills (in English), including grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Knowledge of document layout and competency in Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat) is highly desirable.
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Must be able to work effectively under time constraints in a dynamic environment, while maintaining a high level of attention to detail
- Willingness and ability to work a standard 8 am-5 pm schedule and overtime as necessary to meet deadlines
Job Type: Full-time