QA Tester,Analyst - Digital Development
Haiti Now – Miami, FL
We are seeing an experienced and ambitious QA Tester/ Analyst (remote) to assess software quality through manual testing. You will be responsible for finding and reporting bugs and glitches. We have an existing site but it needs maintenance, updates and some new additions. The site uses Wordpress CM. To be successful in this role, you should understand business software concepts, capabilities and opportunities. In this role, you should have a keen eye for detail and excellent communication skills. If you are also competent in executing test cases and are passionate about quality, wed like to talk to you.
- Review and analyze system specifications
- Develop effective strategies and test plans
- Execute test cases (manual) and analyze results
- Evaluate product code according to specifications
- Create logs to document testing phases and defects
- Report bugs and errors to development team
- Help troubleshoot issues
- Conduct post-release/ post-implementation testing
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Maintain effective communications with team members
- Provide status updates and reporting while meeting project deadlines and milestones.
- Inform Project Manager of technical issues, project barriers and resolutions.
- Provide use cases and other documentation for development of training and user documentation as requested or needed
- Work as part of a team, aligning on project roadmap, goals and program success factors
- Minimum of five (5) years of proven work experience as a Quality Assurance Tester or similar role.
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field.
- Experience in project management and QA methodology
- Ability to document and troubleshoot errors
- Working knowledge of test management software and SQL
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude
- Strong organizational skills
- Team spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Good time-management skills
- Familiarity with Agile frameworks and regression testing is a plus
- Ability to commit to 7+ hour work weeks
Preferred skills: Knowledge and experience with non-profit with content management, customer relationship management or related systems and software. Knowledge of Slack, Trello and Google drive.