Job ID : 28161
Location : Texas City, TX
Company Name : SoftStandard Solutions
Job Type : Full-Time, Contract
Industry : Information Technology
Salary : $34 - $37 per hour
No. of Positions : 10+
Required Skills : Broad Knowledge Of Testing Approaches And Techniques For Certifying Software Acceptance.
Benefits : Medical Insurance,Dental Insurance
Job Description :
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- As directed provide oversight of day-over-day testing activity and support.
- Participate in daily stand-up call with business as required.
- Participate in the defect triage meetings, providing information about MMIS team defects and route cause analysis.
- Participate in weekly defect remediation call to actively work on long-pending and warranty defects.
- Participate in Joint Application Design (JAD) sessions involving cross-functional business analysts' teams.
- Develop and execute test cases and test scripts for the end-to-end system testing.
- Create and deliver test plans and test cases - create effective and reusable test scripts based on functional requirements and use cases.
- Provide oversight, coordinate and prepare test plans and scenarios in and outside of scope.
- Performing requirements verification testing, functional testing, security testing, regression testing, positive and negative testing, and post-production validation.
- Critically analyze test results and make confident decisions and recommendations.
- Efficiently execute system and user acceptance testing and document all testing results and ensure defects are recorded and tracked.
- Document all testing results and ensure defects are recorded and tracked.
- Process HIPAA ANSI X12 standards and EDI 834, 820, 270, 271, 837 and 999 and good knowledge in Managed care/Member systems
- Perform data setup, testing, and reporting for load testing and automation testing.
- Perform critical analysis of test results and make confident decisions and recommendations; and adhere to escalation processes to ensure accountability and issue resolution.
- Participate in scope review sessions with the business analyst (BA), and subject-matter expert (SME) teams.
- Work with SQA Manager and across project teams to ensure testing completion in line with project deadlines.
- Work closely with the testing team and resolve testing related issues/concerns.
- For every patch release, look at the coverage and identify regression suite and assign to testers
- Do the Gap analysis and advise testers to create new possible test scenarios and add them to testbed
- Manage determination of what required testing and the materials needed to perform testing, coordinate and clarify scenarios with the SQA, BA, and SME teams.
- Review team test cases and scenarios, and provide constructive feedback.
- Develop test automation scripts and provide technical support.
- Develop and maintain testing issue documentation and adhere to escalation processes to ensure accountability and issue resolution.
- Technical skills in Oracle SQL Developer, C, C++, Java and UNIX scripting
- IBM Test Manager, Client Load Runner, Client QTP, MIP internal tool, MS Office software.
- Develop and distribute Test Summary Reports after each cycle.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Broad knowledge of testing approaches and techniques for certifying software acceptance.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in project teams, providing relevant quality assurance services to a broad audience
- Highly analytical and able to independently analyze test results and be confident in making decisions and recommendations.
- Experience in reviewing the work of business analysts and subject matter experts ensuring well-defined requirements contribute to defined functional use cases.
- Experience in Health and Human Services applications or other governmental data processing applications desired.
- Prior performance testing experience desired.
- Excellent Selenium skills with core JAVA experience desired.
- Experienced in reviewing the work of business analysts, junior and test analysts to ensure well-defined requirements contribute to defined functional use cases.
- Prior experience working in healthcare or government setting with a strong knowledge base in healthcare insurance principles, eligibility and Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS), desired.
Qualifications: Bachelor degree or higher in Computer Science or University degree. Five years of experience black-box, white-box, functional, smoke, and regression testings.