Montrose Environmental Group, Inc. is a high-growth Environmental Services company offering (i) Measurement and Analytical services and (ii) Environmental Resiliency and Sustainability services to a diverse range of clients in industry and government throughout the United States and abroad. Our qualified engineers, scientists, technicians, associates and policy experts are proud of our ability to objectively help industry, the public and regulators work constructively together on environmental opportunities.
Enthalpy Analytical, is part of the larger organization, Montrose Environmental Group, is comprised of over 8 laboratories servicing air, water, soil and tobacco testing. Regulations drive the need for our services, but our unique capabilities allow us to add value to clients beyond environmental compliance. For our families and communities, we strive to protect the air they breathe, the water they drink, and the soil on which they live. We are seeking a QA Associate at our South Richmond VA location.
The QA Associate ensures data quality by reviewing laboratory data, workflow, and procedures with the goal of assuring data of know quality and accuracy and know the requirements of the laboratorys accrediting body(ies). They will be competent operating within the laboratorys Quality Management System (QMS), read and understand EPA, SW-846 & SM-2011 methods for the analyses and be familiar with the Standard Laboratory Procedures (SOP) for those methods. They may be required to work on production by prepping and analyzing samples per laboratory protocols.
- Review of customer data to ensure its compliance with Enthalpy Analytical, Inc.s quality system, the reference method, and the customers requirements.
- Writes and edits basic to moderately complex analytical reports for potential submission to regulatory authorities and clients.
- Collect and interpret data whose intent is to track laboratory quality control data trends or to document the labs performance (control charts, audit sample data).
- Perform internal audit activities as directed by the QA Manager.
- Review and update SOPs per the review schedule as directed by QA Manager.
- Archive data according to SOPs.
- Work on production when required to meet client specified deadlines
- Bachelor s degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualifications preferred.
Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 2+ years) or equivalent combination of education, training, & experience.
- Good working knowledge of scientific terminology and /or research concepts
- Good knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, table and graph generation and use of applicable computer software
- Ability to collaborate with lab team members to gather, interpret and consolidate data, generate documentation and reporting, review data and information for presentation and review
- Working knowledge of industry regulations, ISO 17025/GLP/OECD or other regulated environments
- Working knowledge of analytical laboratory procedures
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Time management skills
- Good editorial and proofreading skills
- Good problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
- working knowledge of scientific terminology and /or research concepts
Montrose Environmental Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), denial of Family and Medical Care Leave, disability (mental and physical) including HIV and AIDS, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, national origin (including language use restrictions), race, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation.
As permitted by applicable law, employment with Montrose is at-will.