Quality Control Microbiology Technician
Aldevron – Fargo, ND
We are seeking a Quality Control Microbiology Technician! The QC Microbiology Technician supports facilities and manufacturing activities by sampling, detecting, quantifying, and identifying possible contaminants that may interfere with the quality of the product during the different stages of the manufacturing process. This individual aims to maintain a state of microbiological control in the Utility Systems and within the environment and equipment where the manufacturing process is executed. The QC Microbiology Technician assess the aseptic behavior of the personnel involved in these processes; and contributes to the guarantee that the end product will meet the pre-defined standards for safety, purity, identity and effectiveness.
About the Role:
- Responsible for sampling and testing of water systems
- Perform Environmental Monitoring within classified manufacturing space
- Perform Endotoxin Testing on buffers and water
- Perform routine and non-routine Microbiological and Analytical Microbiology sampling and testing, which may include: environmental monitoring, clean utility sampling and testing, microbial identification
- Aid in training and certification of aseptic gowning qualifications
- Documents non-conformances and participates in investigations resulting from EM excursions, able to assist in root cause analysis
- Make detailed observations in support of Alert, Action, and OOS result investigations
- Troubleshoot assay and instrument problems with Laboratory Supervisor
- B.A. or B.S. in microbiology or related field
- Working knowledge of Aseptic practices and techniques
- Preferred 2 years of microbiology or relevant Quality Control experience in a GMP laboratory setting
- Basic understanding of FDA/MEA regulations
Why Join Aldevron?
- You want meaningful work. We are in a landmark moment in the history of life science, and Aldevron is at the center of it.
- You want to plant your career in a growing company. We are growing fast. We have limitless opportunities for people who are ready to roll up their sleeves and jump in.
- You are excited to learn every day. At Aldevron, no day is the same. Our team comes to work ready to learn and overcome new challenges with teamwork and a passion to make lives better.
Your talents, ideas, and passion are essential to our success. Join us today!