PAC is a leading global provider of advanced analytical instruments for laboratories and online process applications in industries such as refinery, petrochemical, biofuels, environmental, food & beverage, marine, offshore, subsea, and pharmaceutical. To provide its customers with cutting edge technology, PAC leverages significant R&D resources to support its core technologies, including chromatography, elemental analysis, physical properties, ultrasonic, fluorescence, spectroscopy, and microscopy/video imaging. PAC operates as a unit of Roper Industries, Inc. a diversified growth company and a constituent of the S&P 500, Fortune 1000, and the Russell 1000 indices.
The Quality Engineer serves as an internal and external quality analyst for solving quality issues to ensure consistent high value with the companys products and installations.
- Works closely with Engineering, Operations, Procurement, R&D and Marketing in the following functions:
- Drives Continuous Process Improvement activities throughout the organization using statistical techniques and lean methodology
- Follow up and track the action plans of corrective actions
- Perform internal audits and facilitate action plans for nonconformances
- Conduct / Organize training of employees on ISO-9001, Statistical techniques Problem Solving and Quality awareness.
- Focus on supplier continuous improvement efforts, which include visiting suppliers for audits
- Communicates quality issues across all areas of the company
- Be in touch with current and future trends in Quality and Process Improvement in industry and adapt to company, as necessary
- Experience with Electronic and\or Mechanical instruments required
- Perform in process quality inspections
- Assure instrument reliability and solve issues pertaining to instrument reliability
Education & Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Technical Field Required
- 3 or more years experience as a quality engineer or related role required
- Some understanding of instrument reliability required
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Principles required
- Lead Auditor experience is desired
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven teamwork and leadership ability
- A sound understanding of statistics preferred
TRAVEL: 15% - 20% Domestic and International Travel Required
- Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands/fingers to handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee may lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Working Conditions: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock when in the operations or laboratory areas. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but due to open office environment noise level may occasionally be high.
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. EOE/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability
- 3 year(s): 3 or more years as a quality engineer or related role
- Bachelors or better in Chemistry or related field
- Bachelors or better in Engineering or related field
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information.