Job Overview Quality Assurance Manager - Northlake The Quality Assurance Manager is accountable for providing leadership and oversight to the quality team in collaboration with the production leadership at the Northlake, IL site in order to assure Food Safety, GMP & Good Laboratory Practices and product conformance to specification. This position provides leadership in the development, auditing & expansion of Quality & Sanitation programs & practices. This position supports the Companys Quality Management Standards.
- Leads and manages the Quality department employees, assuring an effective and strong audit function. Directs and manages all quality & sanitation functions within KDP management standards and business processes.
- Assure compliance to Plant, Division, Corporate and regulatory quality assurance requirements in the areas of material inspection, in-process quality control, finished product evaluation, GMPs, housekeeping and other related food safety and quality matters as well as compliance to local, state and federal regulatory agencies.
- Improve Quality Assurance policies and procedures and ensure compliance to division, corporate and regulatory standards.
- Provide support of all internal and external audits (FDA, AIB, FSSC, ISO 22001).
- Track the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) associated with Quality and Sanitation.
- Primary site contact for all raw material and packaging suppliers. Manage the vendor nonconformance process to assure corrective action and contract compliance.
- Maintain proper inventory levels of all materials related to lab operations and ensure proper stock rotation.
- Provides support and guidance for the QA labs and production areas to include training in food safety (GMP, HAACP, allergens, and other topics) and BPO Quality Training.
- Establish, implement, maintain, and update the Quality and Food Safety Management system as well as develop the Food Safety Fundamentals and the Food Safety Plan
- Report system performance and suitability directly to senior management.
- Present FSQMS information for senior management review so that actions for improvement can be determined.
- Have a track record of successful continuous improvement initiatives and results.
- Ensure that the Food Safety team are fully qualified and trained to meet the company requirements.
- Promote an awareness of customer requirements throughout the company.
- Accountable for external communication and liaison regarding the management systems.
- Represent the Quality and Food Safety agenda in the site capital project agenda.
- Retain technical competence in the understanding of manufacturing processes and the compliance requirements of a food/beverage manufacturer.
- Knowledge of Statistical Process Control (SPC) tools and SAP, or a fully integrated manufacturing system.
- Understand and apply moderately complex mathematical concepts, to include managing department financial data and must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions as well as interpret a variety of technical material.
- Strong planning and organizational skills, time management, leadership skills, and analytical skills.
- Bachelor s degree in Microbiology, Food Science, Quality or Management.
- 2 years of experience in quality control in a manufacturing environment to include both plant and lab settings.
- 5 years demonstrated management or supervision experience.
- Must be able to work flexible shifts and weekends as business needs dictate.
Company Overview & EEO Statement Keurig Dr Pepper (KDP) is a leading coffee and beverage company in North America with dual headquarters in Burlington, MA and Plano, TX, with annual revenue in excess of $11 billion. KDP holds leadership positions in soft drinks, specialty coffee and tea, water, juice and juice drinks and mixers, and markets the #1 single serve coffee brewing system in the U.S. The Company maintains an unrivaled distribution system that enables its portfolio of more than 125 owned, licensed and partner brands to be available nearly everywhere people shop and consume beverages. With a wide range of hot and cold beverages that meet virtually any consumer need, KDP key brands include Keurig, Dr Pepper, Green Mountain Coffee Roasters, Canada Dry, Snapple, Bai, Motts and The Original Donut Shop. The Company employs more than 25,000 employees and operates more than 120 offices, manufacturing plants, warehouses and distribution centers across North America.
Benefits built for you: Our people are the heart of our business, which is why we offer robust benefits to support your health and wellness as well as your personal and financial well-being. We also provide employee programs designed to enhance your professional growth and development while ensuring you feel valued, inspired and appreciated at work.
Keurig Dr Pepper Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and affirmatively seeks diversity in its workforce. Keurig Dr Pepper Inc. recruits qualified applicants and advances in employment its employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Candidates must be able to pass a background check and drug test, as applicable for the role.