Carpenter Technology Corporation is a leader in the development, manufacture and distribution of cast/wrought and powder metal stainless steels and specialty alloys including high temperature (iron-nickel-cobalt base), stainless, superior corrosion resistant, controlled expansion alloys, ultra high strength and implantable alloys, tool and die steels, and other specialty metals as well as cast/wrought titanium alloys. We provide materials solutions to the ever-changing needs of the automotive, aerospace/ defense, energy, industrial, medical, and consumer products industries. Since it is all about innovation at Carpenter, we are continuing to grow and develop our business strategies.
QUALITY SPECIFICATIONS ANALYST
- Responsible to read complex, non-standard specification documents and perform a detailed analytical and technical review to identify all material and quality characteristics. Validate that company has capability to manufacture product and meet the requirements.
- Technical review includes requirements for chemistry, mechanical, magnetic, NDT, and metallographic test requirements. Analytical review of quality, manufacturing, processing and heat treating capabilities to meet required material capabilities and characteristics.
- Formulate questions from the review process and communicate to appropriate metallurgy or testing subject matter expert. Coordinates the response and resolution of questions and expectations based on the responses received. Researches and resolves issues independently.
- Write and issue technical letters that define Company s expectations and clarifications to customer requirements. This letter becomes the formal agreement between the Company and the customer.
- Identify all requirements that need to be abstracted. Create complex specification abstracts by entering all requirements into a formatted electronic abstract system to be used in the manufacture and testing of all customer orders.
- Perform independent error proofing over read of spec abstract requirements and material certification to ensure any potential errors are identified and corrected.
- Leads the communication and coordination process for proposed changes to specification requirements that are used on customer orders.
- Responsible for ensuring that all industry specifications are kept current to the latest revision. Responsible to retrieve the latest revisions of specifications from customer websites as required by prime customers.
- Provides day to day support to less experienced Specifications Analysts.
- Performs all other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Two year or Four-year technical college degree preferred. High School Diploma required. 4+ years of experience in technical document review or other relevant/related experience. 3+ years of experience in a metals testing environment preferred including chemistry, mechanical, magnetic, NDT and metallographic testing knowledge.
- Knowledge of material testing specifications including ASTM, AMS, API, NACE or similar experience involving global industry materials standards.
- Knowledge of industry quality standards including AS9100, ISO9001, or similar experience including document control / contract review.
- Ability to operate multiple computer systems including MS Office, SharePoint, SAP, Lotus Notes. Ability to organize and prioritize tasks and make appropriate decisions to manage the flow of work.
- The ideal candidate will require strong written and verbal communication skills on a highly technical level, have strong technical writing and problem solving skills. Ability to work in a fast-paced and every changing work environment. Ability to work within guidelines of standard operating procedures as well as management direction to achieve objectives and meet deadlines.
Carpenter Technology Company offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k with company contributions as well as many other options to employees.
Carpenter Technology Corporation s policy is to fully and effectively maintain a program of equal employment opportunity and nondiscrimination for all employees, to employ affirmative action for all protected classes, and to recruit and develop the best qualified persons available regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by law. The Company also will recruit, develop and provide opportunities for qualified persons with disabilities and protected veterans.