R&D Polymer Technician (Microscopist, Chemist, Chemical Engineer, Material Scientist
LyondellBasell Industries – Cincinnati, OH
Research & Development, Technology & Sus
LyondellBasell Industries, one of the worlds largest plastics, chemical and refining companies, is seeking an Research & Development Polymer Technician to join the Analytical R & D team for the Cincinnati Technology Center. As a member of the team you will support R&D Analytical Laboratory unit reach its objectives, and annual goals. The R&D Analytical Laboratory provides analytical support and polymer science to all LYB polymer businesses in the Americas which include internal and external customers, manufacturing plants, and 3rd party tollers. This position reports to the Analytical Lab Supervisor of the Cincinnati Technology Center.
Roles & Responsibilities
1) Exhibit excellent safety leadership in the workplace, consistent with company and site HSE goals.
2) Perform analytical testing related to polymer characterization safely according to established methods and procedures including:
Experience in sample preparation: (Cross section, Microtomy, Cryo- Ultramicrotomy, Resin embedding, Polishing and Coating)
Utilize different types of microscopes to analyze samples that come through the lab and consistently deliver high quality reliable analytical results while meeting customer expectations and throughput goals
Responsible for receiving, preparing, testing, interpreting data, entering and/or uploading to the LIMS
Maintain all instruments in good working conditions, including required routine calibration. Contact vendors for instrument trouble-shooting and software updates
3) Interface effectively with R&D managers, supervisors, researchers, other technicians, engineers, site HSE and other support staff for the planning and execution of efficient experimental programs with the highest attention to detail and data integrity.
4) Engage in frequent developmental dialog with supervisor and others to continually enhance personal and group performance and development.
5) Focus on contributing a positive attitude, promotes positive work environment and high degree of teamwork.
6) Bring new ideas to improve efficiencies and processes
1) Candidates should have a minimum of a BS degree in Chemistry, Biology, Materials Science, Physics, Chemical Engineering, Engineering or Environmental science with 2-5 years of experience in an R&D, manufacturing or industrial laboratory. Experience in other analytical techniques would be highly desirable.
2) Solid background in computer-based instrument control systems, statistics and Microsoft Office.
3) Highly self-motivated individual, focused on providing high quality laboratory data in an efficient manner, while exhibiting excellent workplace skills
4) Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
5) Problem solving skills and the ability to make competent, independent, decisions in a timely manner to ensure excellent progress on projects and assigned tasks.
6) Ability to effectively manage multiple and or changing priorities with minimal supervision.
7) Must possess the ability to interact effectively and professionally with internal customers, external customers and vendors. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors and other employees. Excellent teamwork and communication skills are required.
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the worlds largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell ( www.lyondellbasell.com ) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited rsums or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here .
Nearest Major Market: Cincinnati