Summary The Rad Tech I is responsible for operating imaging equipment to perform procedures to a specified patient population. Models appropriate behavior as exemplified in MLH Mission, Vision and Values.
Education/Experience/LicensureEducation/Formal TrainingWork ExperienceCredential/LicensureREQUIRED:
Completion of a formal educationprogram in radiography accredited by a mechanism acceptable toARRT. N/A
- Certification and registration as R.T.(R) ARRT.
- State license in accordance with regulations in thestate where work is performed.
- Effective June 1, 2018: New Hires and Current Associates are required to have BLS Certification.
N/A N/A N/ASUBSTITUTIONS ALLOWED:
N/A N/A New graduates of an accredited radiography program without ARRT primary certification MUST obtain certification and registry as an R.T.(R)(ARRT) within one year of date of graduation from an approved program.
- Basic knowledge of radiographic equipment and imaging procedures.
- Ability to effectively relate and communicate with internal and external customers.
- Basic knowledge of radiology information systems (RIS, HIS, and PACS preferred).
Key Job Responsibilities
- Performs quality radiologic procedures using appropriate technical and safety methods.
- Responsible for monitoring and ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, quality standards, compliance activities, and policies and procedures.
- Effectively manages resources such as supplies and equipment. Plans work and completes job responsibilities in an efficient and productive manner.
- Demonstrates professional work behavior and excellent customer service routinely in all interactions.
- Ability to understand moderately complex written materials, such as technical manuals.
- Ability to work without direct supervision and to exercise independent judgment.
- Invasive and non-invasive patient contact throughout shift.
- Possible exposure to patient body fluid as well as hazardous and poisonous materials.
- Ability to make procedural decisions and judgments, organize multiple tasks and projects and maintain control of workflow.
- Ability to read, write and communicate both orally and written to internal and external customers.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs. and push and pull 200 lbs. periodically throughout shift
- Normal vision including color vision and night vision.
- Ability to stand, walk, climb stairs, sit in one place, squat and kneel periodically throughout shift.
- Ability to reach, bend, and twist periodically throughout shift.
- Must have good balance and coordination. and good hand eye-coordination
- Must have good use of hands and feet together for repetitive, coordinated motions.
- Must have good use of hands for gripping and squeezing, as well as repetitive hand and wrist motion.