Real Estate Development Associate
Green Peak Innovations – Lansing, MI
Green Peak Innovations is searching for a Real Estate Development Associate to support the VP of Development in the oversight and management of the Real Estate and Development Division. In this role you must be willing to travel as you will interface with government agencies, architects, consultants, general contractors as the development projects evolve to and through construction. This role requires a high level of real estate knowledge and analytical skills. You will coordinate and orchestrate with government agencies for approval of any value engineering and architectural request that require government agency approval.
Responsibilities: (Included but not limited to)
- Function as a strategic professional Team Member throughout the demographic, acquisition, development and construction process.
- Attend and present at weekly real estate development staff meetings, help and support the development team by asking questions, providing insight and solutions from experiences.
- Analyze, provide, and present demographic data as required.
- Coordinate with the administrative staff through the completion of the Demographic analyses.
- Locate and negotiate land acquisitions as directed. Complete acquisition checklist, obtain and review property profiles and title reports, and review land purchase contracts and contract revisions.
- Prepare and maintain Land Closing books.
- Prepare and maintain Development File books.
- Maintain property files and records in organized fashion.
- Establish a professional working relationship with public agencies and consultants to insure successful project completion.
- Review and understand applicable zoning codes and design guidelines.
- Under supervision prepare development schedules.
- Maintain development schedules bi-monthly.
- Prepare and maintain development budgets.
- Visit development sites as required and report on progress to targets.
- Prepare purchase orders with support information from a minimum of three consultants from each discipline.
- Orchestrate the approved schedules with architects, consultants, development firms, general contractors, and government agencies.
- Orchestrate the site plan approval process with all applicable agencies.
- Prepare for and attend neighborhood and government/public hearings as required. Make public presentations under direct supervision as required.
- Orchestrate grading, wet utility, composite dry utility and building permit approvals.
- Provide ongoing construction and agency support through the construction process.
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple developments in different stages of the development process.
- Assist with ownership transition of facility related service agreements including; utilities, maintenance contracts, communications, security, etc.
- Bachelors degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Finance or related field or a combination of education and experience that would equate to a bachelors degree.
- Two (3) years of overall experience in Property Development.
- Must be willing to travel within Eastern states/job sites/other locations as needed.
- Experience with scheduling in MS Project/Wrike or similar required.
- Experience making presentations to city staff/council and executive leadership required.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.