The Office of Disciplinary Counsel (ODC) has an immediate opening for a Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (R/AA) to provide general office support with a variety of clerical activities and related tasks. The R/AA reports to the Office Manager.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Answer phones using multi-line system. Answer general inquiries from callers; direct callers to appropriate staff member or outside entity. Research attorney discipline history on request.
2. Greet and direct visitors.
3. Receive, sort, date-stamp, and distribute incoming mail, faxes, and packages. Scan all new complaints and refer to Manager, Case Management (MCM).
4. Arrange for courier and express mail services.
5. Process all membership reinstatement and resignation approval requests from the DC Bar.
6. Assist with processing certificates concerning discipline for DC Bar members.
7. Maintain the law library.
8. Perform notarial acts for staff and the public.
9. Log incoming and outgoing dispositions into case management system and Excel spreadsheet.
10. Provide administrative support for special projects.
11. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. An Associates degree and a minimum of three years of relevant work experience, or relevant work experience equal to five or more years.
2. Successfully manage competing priorities and timely complete tasks.
3. Operate multi-line phone system with minimal rollovers.
4. Effectively communicate verbally and in writing with staff, the public, judges, DC Bar members, and vendors.
5. Ability to handle and maintain the confidentiality of highly sensitive information.
6. Proficient in MS Office Suite, particularly Outlook and Word.
7. Working knowledge of general office equipment, including printers, scanners, copiers, and fax machines.
8. Must work well in a team environment and be able to interact professionally with the public and staff.
9. Must be adaptable, creative, detail-oriented, and self-motivated.ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
This is a regular full-time, non-exempt position. Salary is commensurate with experience; excellent benefits package.
This is not an attempt to list all essential functions of this position. It is recognized that job duties may change over time, based on the ODCs needs.
The ODC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested individuals must send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements.
ReBuild, Inc. - Columbia, MD
Presidential Exteriors - Rockville, MD
Han Group LLC - Washington, DC
Toone & Associates, LLC - Gaithersburg, MD
Innovative Therapeutic Services, Corp - Laurel, MD