Referral Coordinator / Front Office Coordinator
South Sound Neurosurgery – Puyallup, WA
Currently seeking a Referral Coordinator who must have at least 3+ years of hands-on Medical Office experience. NeoSpine is looking for an energetic, hardworking individual who enjoys working as a team and always puts the patients first.
Responsibilities of the Referral Coordinator
- Answering Phone calls
- The Referral Coordinator functions under the supervision of the Front office supervisor and/or Lead, helping with submitting referrals for authorization, for procedures, imaging, and various other required authorizations.
- Helping with scheduling patients, and checking patients out.
- Indexing medical records in the Electronic Medical Records.
- All activities must be conducted in a confidential, professional and personable manner.
- Is capable of performing as sole staff support for office as needed. Performs other duties as needed.
Requirements of the Referral Coordinator
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum 1 year of customer service and reception at a medical office required.
- Minimum 1 year of Insurance Authorizations
- Minimum 2 years of medical field experience preferred.
- Knowledgeable/trained in ICD and CPT coding preferred.
- Able to read; write legibly; speak in English with professional quality; use computer and software programs necessary to the position.
- Collaborate; accept direction.
- Work independently with minimal supervision; perform basic math functions; manage multiple assignments effectively.
- Works well as a team player
Full Benefits Offered include
- Health Insurance with Partial Premium covered by employer
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- HSA contribution
- 401K Retirement Plan with company match
Job Type: Full-time
- Referral Coordinator: 2 years (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Other types of insurance