Regional Packaging Manager
DHL Supply Chain – Fairburn, GA
- Understand and execute against customer/vendor contract requirements.
- Meet or exceed customer and company expectations while performing all required functions within the guidelines and constraints of the companys policies & procedures.
- Provide detailed review of financial and operational metrics results for all operating locations assigned, and develop and execute against corrective action as needed.
- Participate in effective succession planning activities for operating locations.
- Participate in the development of innovative tools that further define DHL Supply Chain as a value added supplier to our customers.
- Deliver a safe, secure, clean and fair work environment for associates
- As defined, participate in associate performance reviews, development and/or succession planning as appropriate
- Ensure compliance to the routines outlined in the site interaction matrix and standard operating procedures
- Ensure company policies are communicated, administered and enforced (i.e. accounting, operational, safety, regulatory and administrative)
- Participate in the management of turnover among hourly and supervisory staff consistent with the site turnover objectives.
- Coordinate with HR and operations to institute programs designed to ensure consistent availability of cost effective temporary labor pools.
- Plan, organize, train, and coach associates as needed so that the Operations department complies with all customer, DHL Supply Chain, and regulatory requirements. Lead by example.
- Operate within the agreed budget for operating sites
- Coordinate the collection of performance measurements consistent with customer, vendor, and DHL Supply Chain(balanced scorecard) requirements
- Develop pricing models for multiple sites including but not limited to line layout, safety, productivity, & quality
- Ensure consistency of operational processes for all sites within span of responsibility
- Ensure Management Review Process (MRP) and Site Assessment Matrics (SAM) reporting is accurate and completed in a timely manner. Including, but not limited to Safety, Sanitation, Productivity Efficiency, Quality, and Downtime
- Understand process performance versus target objectives, identify reasons for variance, communicate and implement necessary changes
- Ensure daily/weekly workload planning and volume forecasting routines are accomplished (i.e. staffing, equipment, space)
- Execution of workshop action plans, projects, and best practices sharing/implementation
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years logistics industry experience
- 5+ years packaging industry experience
- 2-4 years experience in supervisor/management role
Minimum Knowledge/Skills / Abilities
- Meets corporate competency model requirements
- P/L management
- Excellent project management skills
- Metric development
- Staff management
- Workload planning
- Preventative maintenance routines
- Facility management (i.e. maintenance, sanitation, etc)