GENERAL SUMMARY & SCOPE
The Regional Prestige Business and Events Manager (RPBEM) is responsible for identifying the short-term and long-term sales initiatives (in-line with marketing, merchandising and brand launches), as well as leveraging and building brand partner relationships through store operations to support the growth of the region. Leading through influence at the region level, s/he manages, influences, and works collaboratively with field and corporate leadership to support and drive sales and education compliance.
In addition, the RPBEM is responsible for managing brand partner events and reporting of event sales, as well as collaborative partnerships and influence with merchandising, loyalty, marketing, supply chain, finance, and the store operations leadership. This position requires the ability to influence colleagues, peers, and teams throughout the organization. The ideal candidate has exceptional verbal and written communication skills and a history of leading multiple projects simultaneously, developing a team, and driving successful results in a retail, operational, or service related industry.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (*Essential Functions)
The RPBEM is a champion of Ulta Beauty s mission, vision, and values, and should demonstrate them skillfully and consistently through the following (as well as all other projects/duties as assigned):
- Utilizes accountability to plan, execute, and achieve objectives in order to implement sales-driving initiatives, programs, and procedures that align with company strategy for growth and profit.
- Monitors and plans the overall strategy and sales focuses to seamlessly lead boutiques, brand launches, and prestige programs, supporting the changing needs of the business without compromising quality.
- Develops and owns event and prestige best practices and tools for execution, and engages corporate partners and store leadership to achieve operational excellence.
- Oversees and supports special marketing events and leverages brand partner relationships to drive demonstration and support of those events.
- Manages the development of prestige market trainer (PMT) training specific to the region and develops and adapts to changing company needs for all leadership meeting content. Supports prestige manager (PM) development through the PMTs.
- Accountable for all event results in the region.
- In collaboration with the senior manager of national events, the RPBEM influences the regional vice president (RVP), district managers (DMs), and PMTs within the region to support and promote collaboration across brand partnerships, boutique operations, and prestige performance.
- Assesses performance, coaches, and develops leadership, encouraging a culture of growth and accountability.
- Collaborates cross-functionally to develop content, launch new initiatives, and track and analyze performance.
- Serves as the liaison for the field team with corporate office partners and brand partners, and acts as a key consultant to corporate office teams, providing operational perspective and support.
- Supports DMs to lead the PMT in building and supporting talent at the PM level.
- Develops the PMTs and PMs on training, accessing, coaching, and providing feedback to the regions they support.
- Supports the onboarding program for the DM and PMT.
- Identifies and prioritizes operational system and process improvement opportunities (re-evaluating on an annual basis) in order to improve store standards, build consistency, improve operational efficiency, and enhance the guest experience.
- Maintains detailed records and prepares related reporting.
- Creates communications and presentations for regional leadership.
- Stays informed on current competitive information to influence and lead performance.
- Identifies process changes to improve and support both store operations and brand partner interaction.
- Bachelor s degree in public relations, marketing (or related field), or relevant professional experience
- 3-5 years of event planning and/or brand partner management experience
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Word and Excel software
- Expert proficiency with Microsoft Office PowerPoint software
- Ability to work collaboratively with all key stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to perform in a deadline-driven and fast-paced environment
SPECIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to travel, including overnight stays up to 50% or as required
- Ability to work weekends and evenings as needed