Versant Health bringing you Davis Vision and Superior Vision is a leading provider of vision and eye health solutions. We offer a full spectrum of services in the vision care marketplace. Our mission is very real to our members: we help them enjoy the wonders of sight through healthy eyes and vision. What you do as a Versant Health Associate matters. 33 million Americans count on us to provide access to annual eye exams and corrective eyewear. We are here to change the face of vision care, and together we will make this happen.
We are dedicated to you we provide a professional work environment, competitive benefits, equal opportunities and potential to grow with us. We guide you to whats right for you- as leaders in the industry, we guide and coach Associates to give them opportunities to reach their full professional potential. We think ahead for you- youll enjoy a variety of benefits for those times when you need extra support.
Scope and Purpose of Position
The Healthcare Broker Sales Representative position is responsible for new business development for employer groups of 10-10,000 employees. Sales will be made through independent brokers/consultants. The incumbent will have established broker relationships and be committed to delivering the highest level of professional dedication, performance and competence. This position requires a highly motivated self-starter, and the ability to be productive without continual supervision. This position will work from home and will require travel within the territory.
The Healthcare Broker Sales Representative must be an excellent communicator, comfortable interfacing with multiple prospects across multiple states via the phone, email, and in-person. The Healthcare Broker Sales Representative must be willing and capable of learning and advancing our marketing and brand methodology and customer-centric philosophy. The Healthcare Broker Sales Representative will be ready, willing, and able to provide a superior sales effort to meet sales and budget goals required by a highly competitive marketplace. This position is responsible for developing new agent/broker relationships and developing new business within the specified region.
- Demonstrate ability to meet yearly sales goals
- Support long and short-term business strategies
- Support profit, growth and expense management goals
- Achieve overall growth objectives as assigned
- Support of strategic business planning activities designed to increase the presence in the market of Superior Vision
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with internal resources to ensure customer-centric delivery of all related service to clients, members, and brokers
- Respond to marketing strategies and standards by developing a marketing plan for attracting new clients that reflects local market competitive conditions
- Meet with brokers/consultants on an ongoing basis to maintain and develop positive and productive relationships
- Assure the highest level of customer satisfaction with clients
- Maintain and develop industry knowledge data and product information
- Manage day-to-day prospect interaction
- Travel required within assigned territory
- Provides communication to internal partners and departments on industry and client trends and issues.
Education & Experience
- A valid life and health insurance license
- BA or BS degree in Business, Marketing or related field preferred.
- Two to five years sales experience in the medical, dental, or vision insurance industry. Or, an Associates degree in above mentioned fields of study supported by 5 years of sales experience.
- Business Acumen
- Interpersonal Skills
- Organization Skills
- Detail Oriented
- Negation Skills
- Presentation Skills
- Ethical Practice
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious beliefs, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability or history of disability, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or disabled veteran, or any other status protected by Federal, state or local law.
If you are prohibited from working on a government contract, this may disqualify you from consideration for this position.