Oakland Home Care – West Bloomfield Township, MI
Registered Nurse (RN)
A Registered Nurse administers skilled nursing care to patients on an intermittent basis in their place of residence. This is performed in accordance with physician orders and plan of care under the direction and supervision of the Director of Clinical Services/Clinical Manager.
- Graduate of an approved school of professional nursing and currently licensed in the state(s) in which practicing.
- Two (2) years nursing experience, preferred.
- Acceptance of philosophy and goals of this Agency.
- Ability to exercise initiative and independent judgment.
- Provides services in accordance with the plan of care.
- Makes the initial evaluation visit and regularly reevaluates the patients nursing needs.
- Initiates the plan of care and necessary revisions.
- Provides those services requiring substantial specialized nursing skills.
- Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures.
- Prepares clinical and progress notes for each patient visit and summaries of care conferences on his/her patients in a timely manner as per Agency policy.
- Coordinates services.
- Informs personnel of changes in the condition and needs of the patient.
- Counsels the patient and family/significant others in meeting nursing and related needs.
- Participates in and presents inservice programs.
- Understands and adheres to established Agency policies and procedures.
- Processes orders and notifies physician of patient needs and changes in condition. Completes certification/recertification orders and discharge summaries.
- Determines the amount and type of nursing needed by each individual patient.
- Refers to Physical Therapist, Speech Language Pathologist, Occupational Therapist and Medical Social Worker those patients requiring their specialized skills.
- Supervises and teaches other nursing personnel.
- Conducts patient care conferences on patients assigned to his/her care.
- Participates in peer review and Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement as assigned.
- Gives total patient care as needed.
- Takes on-call duty nights, weekends and holidays, as assigned.
- Completes and submits OASIS assessments, reassessments, transfers, resumptions of care, discharges and significant change in condition in accordance with Agency defined time frames.
- Appropriately utilizes ICD-10 codes.
Works indoors in Agency office and patient homes and travels to/from patient homes.
- Supervised by: Director of Clinical Services/Clinical Manager
- Workers Supervised: Licensed Practical Nurse, Home Health Aide
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- home health: 1 year (Preferred)