SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
Our Interventional Radiology teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. We have a passion for creating positive patient interactions. If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Chippenham Hospital, a 466-bed acute care facility, is located on the Southside of Richmond, a short drive from the beautiful, outdoor Stony Point Fashion Park, offering an abundance of shops, restaurants, and even a dine-in movie theater. Chippenham Hospital is a Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) facility, who ranks 63rd on Fortunes 100, and is one of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S, where healthcare employment opportunities are almost endless!
Responsibilities of RNs in our Interventional Radiology Department:
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Demonstrates knowledge of sedation medication, reversal agents, and monitoring equipment in accordance with sedation policy and procedures.
- Demonstrate critical care skills and is able to assess and intervene as needed to maintain the patients physiological homeostasis. Is proficient in administration of conscious sedation/analgesia and other medications as is necessary in the care of patients.
- Possess sterile technique skills as needed to be able to scrub minor cases.
- Responsible for patient preparation by having knowledge of patients lab values, allergies and need for premedications or treatments, as well as patients history.
- Be able to assist with equipment setup prior to procedures.
- Maintain optimal function of emergency support equipment and perform daily check and maintains log sheet.
- Coordinate scheduling and transportation of patients with other departments and with bed control, and be able to communicate specific patients needs in a timely and consistent manner.
- Provide patient education pre- and post- procedure.
- Perform all documentation in accordance with JCAHO criteria and nursing standards as dictated by hospital policy and procedures.
- Maintain appropriate levels of supplies and medications and assist in annual inventory as needed.
- Demonstrates knowledge of department computer system such as: Accudose, PACS, IVUS, proficient in sending images to PACS/Easy Vision, placing patients into the Philips system, able to put in requisition for procedures into meditech, scheduling of patients in Meditech, and ordering
- of labs/other tests etc, in meditech.
- Fulfill call rotation and Holiday call as determined by departmental need.
- Maintain all temperature logs, blood glucose monitoring
- equipment daily checks, perform environmental rounds, assist with room turnover between patients
What Sets Us Apart: I am new to the Interventional Rad and what I love most is how friendly the co-workers are. This unit is AMAZING! AW I enjoy the staff that I work with and the challenging patients TH I love my co-workers, the leadership team, and the flexibility - ES
Check Us Out and Like Us on Facebook!
REQUIRED: Minimum three years experience as a Registered Nurse.
PREFERRED: One-year critical care experience is strongly preferred strong ER experienced considered as well asprevious radiology nursing experience
REQUIRED: Graduate of an AMA approved School ofNursing.
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: (Required or preferred)
Current Nursing registration with the State of Virginia(Required)
Certification in IV Therapy (required)
ACLS certification (required)
PALS Certification (preferred)
Current CPR certification (required)
Basic Cardiac Rhythm Certification (required)
Our employees come first. We provide a total compensation package to make sure your needs are met. Choose the medical coverage package that best suits you. Look after your loved ones while still getting paid with our Paid Family Leave. Plan for your future with our matching 401k or opt-in for several other benefits including tuition assistance, student loan repayment, family and medical flex spending accounts, life insurance, and identity theft protection
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.