Registered Nurse (RN) - Med-Surg RN
Compvue – Brooklyn, NY
Compensation: $1538 to $1642/ week
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Specialty: Medical Surgical RN
Shift Details: 36 hours Per Week,3 days / week,7:00 AM to 7:00 PM
Responsibilities of the Med-Surg registered Nurse
- Performs charge nurse duties as assigned.
- Coordinates with the Clinical Coordinator/Clinical Nurse Manager/Assistant Nurse Manager/Nursing Shift Manager to ensure supplies are appropriately utilized and inventory is sufficient for patient care.
- Escalates material or staffing resource deficits to charge nurse, Clinical Nurse Manager/Assistant Nurse Manager or Nursing Shift Manager.
- Demonstrates patient focused and cost effective approaches to patient care in terms of equipment, staff, supplies and all other resources.
- Documents in an accurate and thorough manner in compliance with hospital, regulatory and legal requirements and standards of care.
- Facilitates patient throughput on shift basis.
- Med-Surg nurses contribute to the environment of care to support clinical colleagues, patients and their families and members of the healthcare team.
- Advances clinical competence in nursing practice to progress from novice to expert.
- Projects a professional image to colleagues and communicates with styles and methods that demonstrate caring, respect, compassion and empathy.
- Incorporates ethical principles into decision making for patient and family.
- Encourages and demonstrates a spirit of scholarship, inquiry, lifelong learning and innovation for self and others.
- Acquires knowledge and skills relative to the role, patient population, clinical specialty and local and/or global health community needs.
- Participates in shared decision making through specialty practice councils, nursing department committees and unit initiatives.
Requirements of the Med/Surg Nurse (RN)
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
- Current NY State Registered Nurse license in good standing.
- ACLS and BCLS required.
- Nursing Orientation: Aug 12, 13, 14 (8a-4p)--followed by 3, 12-hour shifts on the unit.
- 13 Weeks Assignment
Health Staffing Benefits:
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $1,538.00 to $1,642.00 /week
- Relevant: 1 year (Preferred)